Cannot connect to Proxy Server..

Today my uncle came over like her does every week end and today he couldn't connect to the internet. When opening any web browser to would say "Cannot connect to Proxy Server" well, my internet doesn't have a proxy so I spend at least an hour trying to figure it out. Much troubles due do Windows 8 putting stuff in two places (you guys know if you've had Win 8) Can anyone help?

Ran by coffee

He used Opera, he had Chrome and Firefox too, same thing in all of them.

Ran by coffee

He used Opera, he had Chrome and Firefox too, same thing in all of them.

Should be a proxy setting menu in the settings. Try turning  the proxy off.

Should be a proxy setting menu in the settings. Try turning  the proxy off.

Already did that. It's not any of the browsers. Games, Windows Update etc. Couldn't connect to the internet either

Ran by coffee

Already did that. It's not any of the browsers. Games, Windows Update etc. Couldn't connect to the internet either

Go into the control panel and access the internet settings there. The device must be attempting to access a proxy or you wouldn't be getting the error. So somewhere (the systems internet settings, his firewall, somewhere) something is trying to access the internet through a proxy. If all else fails, system restore to the previous week (assuming if he comes over every week, he can use the internet fine, and assuming it was fine the last time he was over, and that the last time he was over was indeed a week ago)

Troubleshooting a pc will make you believe in gremlins.

--Thread killer--