What cables do I need? (PSU -> GPU)

I've got a Corsair TX650M (semi-modular) and I want to connect my graphics card (MSI GTX 970) to it.
8329815.jpg
DSCF3038.jpg

My graphics card requires an 8 pin connector and a 6 pin connector, so I figured I would need two male-male cables.
One with 8 pin <-> 8 pin and the other 8 pin <-> 6( + 2) pin.
On the psu side I would plug it into the blue ones.

But the thing is, I don't find these exact cables, anywhere...

I did find this cable though:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverstone-SST-PP06B-PCIE55-Extension-Cable-Black/dp/B00A98YRS4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1442739073&sr=8-2&keywords=8+pin+6+pin+pcie+silverstone

But on one side it has two pins 'connected" (3rd and 4th pin on the image below). So I don't know if that would fit :S

41EAVIJszaL.jpg

Or should I do something like 8 pin (m) -> 2xmolex (m)+ 2xmolex (f) -> 8 pini (m)?

Usually 8pin comes as 6pin+2 on most PSUs, some PSUs offer only 6pin connectors. molex to 6pin is just compatibility fix, but as far as I see your PSU can handle 1 6pin and 1 6pin+2 ..

If it only comes in 8pin connector, then you can use the molex to 6pin and use the 8pin to get power to the other slot.

P.S. Pay attention that the blue connector goes in the PSU, and the black one has a 6pin+2 connection..

41xS-zhhn4L.jpg

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Usually 8pin comes as 6pin+2 on most PSUs, some PSUs offer only 6pin connectors. molex to 6pin is just compatibility fix, but as far as I see your PSU can handle 1 6pin and 1 6pin+2 ..

If it only comes in 8pin connector, then you can use the molex to 6pin and use the 8pin to get power to the other slot.

P.S. Pay attention that the blue connector goes in the PSU, and the black one has a 6pin+2 connection..

But I think the blue connector wouldn't fit into my PSU, since, as you can see in the picture below, the 3rd and 4th pin are connected.

2rdklkj.png

The the PP06 cables from Silverstone are made to be used only for Silverstone PSU. They are not interchangable between PSUs of different brands, as the pinout on the PSU will be different. The TXM uses Corsair Type-3 pinout.

You could...
- buy the individually sleeved cable set for $26.99: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/professional-series-hx-enthusiast-series-txm-builder-series-cxm-individually-sleeved-modular-cables-black

- contact Corsair and request for the necessary cables.

- contact a LTT's Corsair rep: Corsair Joseph

But I think the blue connector wouldn't fit into my PSU, since, as you can see in the picture below, the 3rd and 4th pin are connected.

2rdklkj.png

How come? the blue connection on the PSU is for the GPU, 8pin to 6pin+2 .. there's no other connector. lol.. same goes for the cable you show here, the blue connector 8pin goes in the 8pin and the 6pin+2 goes into the GPU. Is there an issue I'm missing?

But hold on, what's bullshit here is that you must have these cables that came with the PSU.. else you got a used one? that's bad if you did... or terrible yet, it didn't come with dual PCI-E cable. which is WEEEEEEIRRRDD for Corsair.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.