Flickering screen! Help!

Haxcha

Hello!

I recently changed my old AMD Radeon 6970 to a AMD XFX 7970 and it runs good but sometimes suddenly start flickering like crazy but it only happens on my main monitor (got duel moniters) the other one works just fine. I've found out that it happens more often if i play some sort of video for example Youtube or Windows media player.

I've tried almost everything to fix it but i can't find a solution. I thought that maybe some of you guys knew whats going on?

Specs:

Moniters: HANNSG Hi221 and LG FLATRON M2380D (the flickering only happens on the HANNSG one)

GPU: XFX R7970
CPU: AMD Phenom ll X6 1055T

RAM: 8GB

I have a little video that i took to get you are better view of whats happening:

The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

Maybe it's the HDMI, tryed changing the ports and the cables?

Case: NZXT phantom CPU:I5-4460 GPU:MSI-GTX1070 Gaming X RAM:2x4Gb-DDR3-HyperX fury MOBO:Asus Z97-P HDD:Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm PSU:Sentey650W

driver 15.7, 15.7.1 and 15.8 have this. Roll back to 15.6 or 15.5 and it's okay :)

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

try different outputs (on both GPU and monitor) and a different cable if the driver roll back doesn't help

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Maybe it's the HDMI, tryed changing the ports and the cables?

The monitor thats "Broken" used VGA the fine on used HDMi

-SNIP-

Are you overclocking your card at all if you are set it to stock. If you run dual screens and the core or mem drops down below a certain speed it will tend to flicker like that which has been a long running problem with AMD cards.

driver 15.7, 15.7.1 and 15.8 have this. Roll back to 15.6 or 15.5 and it's okay :)

Gonna try that! Hope it works!  :)

Are you overclocking your card at all if you are set it to stock. If you run dual screens and the core or mem drops down below a certain speed it will tend to flicker like that which has been a long running problem with AMD cards.

Nope, its not overclocked

The monitor thats "Broken" used VGA the fine on used HDMi

tryed using another vga cable?

Case: NZXT phantom CPU:I5-4460 GPU:MSI-GTX1070 Gaming X RAM:2x4Gb-DDR3-HyperX fury MOBO:Asus Z97-P HDD:Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm PSU:Sentey650W

Nope, its not overclocked

Try running a surround setup with the two screens if your only doing extended, that used to keep the speeds up to prevent that from occurring.