Which 980 Ti?

Khajiit Dealer

Zotac because it's the second cheapest, and it has 5 year warranty.

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

Gigabyte gtx 980 TI for best money spent and performance

EVGA kingpin 980 ti for far higher price but a bit better then gigabyte

Voted EVGA cuz there is no gigabyte option, personally i would get gigabyte

Zotac because it's the second cheapest, and it has 5 year warranty.

I've heard that the card tends to run hot? Since I have a Corsair CX750W I'm a tad bit worried about that, although I'm running SLI 660 Ti cards right now...

Gigabyte gtx 980 TI for best money spent and performance

EVGA kingpin 980 ti for far higher price but a bit better then gigabyte

Voted EVGA cuz there is no gigabyte option, personally i would get gigabyte

I've had some personal problems with Gigabyte cards, not gonna get into it  :P

Guide to GTX 900 Series: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/457526-nvidia-900-series-basic-performance-guide/

Performance expert, building noob. 

There is no such thing as excess in hardware. 

I've heard that the card tends to run hot? Since I have a Corsair CX750W I'm a tad bit worried about that, although I'm running SLI 660 Ti cards right now...

I've had some personal problems with Gigabyte cards, not gonna get into it  :P

Whats the problem with gigabyte card? Their cards and other products are designed to be durable.

Their customer support is crap tho that is the same with all fo them evga, msi, asus, everyone hate their customer support.

Probably the EVGA FTW for $679.99 compared to that list. Given that you prefer smaller sizes, not too sure why the Poseidon is there - you pay the premium for the hybrid functionality and it would seem you're not going to be custom looping these?

none, go for the evga hybrid. all 980tis run hot, and the cooler they are the higher they turbo.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

If you definitely don't want a Gigabyte card, go for the EVGA.

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --

Currently have a MSI 6G running @ 31 idle and a highest of 71 after 6 hours of 4k gaming. 

Core clock is at 1498 and my memory is running @ 8002, obviously quite lucky with my clocks but the card it's self runs very very quiet and also has good temperatures as long as you get good airflow.

CPU: i7 8700k   Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero  RAM: 16GB @ 3600Mhz  GPU: MSI 980Ti 6G  Case: Fractal Design R5 (4 Intakes/3Exhausts)  Storage: Crucial BX100 SSD, Samsung 850 & Seagate 2TB HDD  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo '850W'  CPU Cooling: Corsair H110i GT 

I would get the GTX 980ti Classified

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Whats the problem with gigabyte card? Their cards and other products are designed to be durable.

Their customer support is crap tho that is the same with all fo them evga, msi, asus, everyone hate their customer support.

EVGA. 

Probably the EVGA FTW for $679.99 compared to that list. Given that you prefer smaller sizes, not too sure why the Poseidon is there - you pay the premium for the hybrid functionality and it would seem you're not going to be custom looping these?

none, go for the evga hybrid. all 980tis run hot, and the cooler they are the higher they turbo.

If you definitely don't want a Gigabyte card, go for the EVGA.

Currently have a MSI 6G running @ 31 idle and a highest of 71 after 6 hours of 4k gaming. 

Core clock is at 1498 and my memory is running @ 8002, obviously quite lucky with my clocks but the card it's self runs very very quiet and also has good temperatures as long as you get good airflow.

I would get the GTX 980ti Classified

The general consensus seems to be EVGA. The cheaper version has 2 more votes than the other one, so I think I'll be purchasing the EVGA Geforce 980 Ti. 

I took a look at the card's specs and found this: Width: Dual Slot <--- What does this mean? 

Guide to GTX 900 Series: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/457526-nvidia-900-series-basic-performance-guide/

It takes up two expansion slots worth of space in your case and on the motherboard. You can measure this out by looking at the removable pieces at the back of your case where expansion cards stick out - you'll have to remove two of these to accommodate the graphics card.

It takes up two expansion slots worth of space in your case and on the motherboard. You can measure this out by looking at the removable pieces at the back of your case where expansion cards stick out - you'll have to remove two of these to accommodate the graphics card.

Ah, I already have 2 SLI 660 Ti cards in so I should be set, correct? 

Yeah you'll probably have two spaces free after you take them out.

I took a look at the back of my computer and there's two separate spaces that each card takes up with identical HDMI plugins, VGA plugins, etc. 

You might be able to leave one in as a dedicated PhysX card, I've seen some people repurpose their old units that way. I've not personally tried that so can't comment on how useful it actually is in real world terms.

You might be able to leave one in as a dedicated PhysX card, I've seen some people repurpose their old units that way. I've not personally tried that so can't comment on how useful it actually is in real world terms.

My PSU can't handle a 980 Ti and a 660 Ti at the same time. Also, I've never heard of that nor tried it.