Best Free & Paid VPN

Muz

Considering getting a VPN.

What's the best free VPN.

What's the best paid VPN.

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

You want to "host" VPN on your server or "rent" VPN?

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-8600K 6C 3.6 GHz | MOBO: ASUS Prime Z370-A ATX Motherboard | RAMCorsair Vengeance RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3000MHz | GPU: ASUS Dual GeForce GTX 1060 OC edition 6GB | CASE: CoolerMaster MasterBox Lite 5 RGB | PSU: CoolerMaster V750 | SDD: Samsung 840 Pro 250GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda  3 TB 7200rpm |  Sound Card: (pending)  | Speaker: Logitech Z623

You want to "host" VPN on your server or "rent" VPN?

Rent/Subscription.

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

theres no best free vpn service because they all have to sacrifice somewhere.

the best paid option is renting a VPS with a decent connection and host it yourself.

Both are HotSpot Shield for me. 

The free version doesn't have ridiculous bandwidth caps, and you can get random trials of the elite version. 

The elite version gives you access to IP addresses other than US, and you get a license to use it on 5 devices at a time. 

Free VPN? Probably none.

Paid VPN? You could host your own, but if you don't want to, VyprVPN, ExpressVPN and nVPN are pretty good. Depends what you want to do

Spoiler

Everyday build:

CPU: Intel Core i7 5960x - GPU(s): 2x EVGA GTX 980 Ti Superclocked+ ACX2.0+ (SLI) - Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X99 - RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury Black DDR4 4x8GB (2666MHz) - Storage: Intel 750 Series 1.2TB + 4TB WD Black - Case: Corsair 760T White - PSU: SeaSonic 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified - OS: Windows 10 Pro - Wireless Adapter: TP-Link Archer T9E - Monitor: Acer XB270HU bprz - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB - Mouse(s): Corsair Gaming M65 RGB + Logitech MX Master - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363D

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WhyK99 https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/474247-r8-my-build/

Weekend build:

CPU: Intel Core i7 5930k - GPU(s): 2x EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified ACX2.0+ (SLI) - Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 - Motherboard: ASUS X99-Deluxe - RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 4x8GB (2666MHz) - Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB m.2 & 2TB Samsung 850 Evo - Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv - PSU: SeaSonic SnowSilent 1050W 80+ Platinum Certified - OS: Windows 10 Home - Monitor: Dell S2716DG 144hz - Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE RGB - Mouse: Corsair Gaming M65 RGB - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363D

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YYK93C

Free VPN? Probably none.

Paid VPN? You could host your own, but if you don't want to, VyprVPN, ExpressVPN and nVPN are pretty good. Depends what you want to do

I don't know how to host my own, is it cheaper and easier?

If you want to rent cheap ones, you can get here:

https://proxy.sh/prices

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-8600K 6C 3.6 GHz | MOBO: ASUS Prime Z370-A ATX Motherboard | RAMCorsair Vengeance RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3000MHz | GPU: ASUS Dual GeForce GTX 1060 OC edition 6GB | CASE: CoolerMaster MasterBox Lite 5 RGB | PSU: CoolerMaster V750 | SDD: Samsung 840 Pro 250GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda  3 TB 7200rpm |  Sound Card: (pending)  | Speaker: Logitech Z623

Tunnelbear!

Tunnelbear!

Heard it wasn't that great.

Heard it wasn't that great.

Oh, I haven't used it myself either so uhm... yeah...

But this one is pretty decent.

Hotspot Shield for Both.

Hotspot Shield for Both.

Both are HotSpot Shield for me. 

The free version doesn't have ridiculous bandwidth caps, and you can get random trials of the elite version. 

The elite version gives you access to IP addresses other than US, and you get a license to use it on 5 devices at a time. 

Little too expensive it seems.

Oh, I haven't used it myself either so uhm... yeah...

But this one is pretty decent.

They don't have an Australian server.

Cyberghost: If you're not torrenting, the free one is all you need. If you want to torrent, the paid one will do that and is cheap compared to most VPNs. Lots of location choices too.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Cyberghost: If you're not torrenting, the free one is all you need. If you want to torrent, the paid one will do that and is cheap compared to most VPNs. Lots of location choices too.

Apparently they log on their servers.

Apparently they log on their servers.

Of course they do. Serious companies do that. Cyberghost is a German company though, and have never been reported to have given out anyone's information. They probably only would in grave criminal cases.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Like i keep saying. Nordvpn is amazing. I have tried a lot of different VPN's and nothing seemed to be able to beat Nordvpn.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Like i keep saying. Nordvpn is amazing. I have tried a lot of different VPN's and nothing seemed to be able to beat Nordvpn.

NordVPN: fake "server status" page

@OP

Cryptostorm offers one NODE free with same security settings as paid but is limited of speed. 

NordVPN: fake "server status" page

@OP

Cryptostorm offers one NODE free with same security settings as paid but is limited of speed. 

Did you see that it was a mistake. Nordvpn actually replied to the post. 

Hey, it's Chris here from NordVPN. I stumbled upon your thread on twitter and thought that it would be best to clarify this issue. First of all many thanks for finding this error, we appreciate your professionalism. We did investigate this issue and found out, that this was not intended to be this way. One of our ex-developers made his work easier with this "workaround". The server status bars originally intended to show real server status, not like this. Now this issue is on our to-do list and we'll fix it asap. Again, many thanks for finding this error, we appreciate your help. Chris

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Did you see that it was a mistake. Nordvpn actually replied to the post. 

Of course I did but also their claims..  :rolleyes:

also how does this work? 

PRIVACY POLICY

NordVPN does not keep or store any logs about its users. However, we need to keep some information about the users:

-User e-mail – to send the latest NordVPN news and to retrieve a lost password.

-Username – it is necessary to make a VPN connection.

-Payment information – we store billing information in case of a refund request.

So you do log? is that what you're saying?