Random screen shutdowns.

origx36

hello.

for a while now my screen would just stop getting a signal from the gpu randomly. somtimes it would be for a few seconds and then it will cone back. but somtimes it will happen. and until i don't open the case, disconnect and connect the power cables from the gpu,it won't come back.

i have allready switched a psu. i have tried different monitors. different cabels and allmost every other variable.

is the problem my gpu?

this will happen often whilr gaming. but not always, somtimes it just happens

hello.

for a while now my screen would just stop getting a signal from the gpu randomly. somtimes it would be for a few seconds and then it will cone back. but somtimes it will happen. and until i don't open the case, disconnect and connect the power cables from the gpu,it won't come back.

i have allready switched a psu. i have tried different monitors. different cabels and allmost every other variable.

is the problem my gpu?

this will happen often whilr gaming. but not always, somtimes it just happens

What are your specs? If your GPU is overclocked reset it to its basic clock settings. 

It does sound like the GPU, I have an older one and once every 16-18 hours it will refresh in a way like that, where it will go black for a second or two and come back. Your issue is certainly with your GPU you have done all the basic tests that you would do to determine this. The important question though is can it be fixed? 

Troubleshooting a pc will make you believe in gremlins.

--Thread killer--

Check the cable.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Check the cable.

i have tried different monitors. different cables and almost every other variable.

--Thread killer--

Somehow I didn't read that, now I feel like an idiot.

Well, I guess he should try his GPU in another PC.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

:P it happens 

--Thread killer--

I have seen this problem before- it depends if monitor has complete signal loss or not.

If NOT, then make sure you remove card from pci slot. Dust both the pci connectors on the card and the slot and plug card in securely. It typically also comes hand in hand with the pci bus reducing the width of the bus- due to poor connection or being unable to transfer that much data.

Is this happening under load only?

If it is complete signal loss, I'd perform the above steps and make sure that your card is connected to the correct psu rail and that your psu can provide the power your card needs. Remember psus degrade over time- its a constant. What worked a year ago, may not anymore. (could also be incorrectly modulated voltage from psu- sometimes mobo has different tolerance for fluctuations)

Also - check for general overheating, it might be time to bust some dust.

If all steps fail, contact gpu manufacturer if you can, otherwise there are still many debugging steps to try!

thank you very much everyone.

iv tried dusting the pci connections. and it seems to work for now.