Ultrawide or g-sync

smolkomartin1

What is better? Have a ultrawide 34' monitor or 27' g-sync?

Which games are you playing?

If you play FPS than defiantly g-sync

If you play RTS or Third Person games defiantly go with ultrawide

i personally dont like ultrawide, it feels like gaming trough a crack in a fence.

What is better? Have a ultrawide 34' monitor or 27' g-sync?

Totally depends on you and your use case.

For me ultrawide is 100% better, because I don't game as much now a days, and obviously the productivity benefits from ultrawide are much better than a normal 27" display. And also when I do game it's normally games that benefit from the more immersive display.

But if all you do is gaming, and if you play games that will benefit more from g sync than ultrawide, then you could go ahead and grab one of them.

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Do both with the new ACER or Asus ones coming out!

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i

Is there a reason why you can't have both?  Why haven't they made an ultra wide g sync monitor?

Is there a reason why you can't have both?  Why haven't they made an ultra wide g sync monitor?

They have ACER Predator X34 and the ASUS PG348Q, I would wait for the ASUS though as ACER seems to be having a lot of problems at the moment. The ASUS PG348Q comes out at the end of December

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Gsync is awesome.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

i personally dont like ultrawide, it feels like gaming trough a crack in a fence.

You are supposed to use it horizontally.

If you have ever used one at all, that is.

What kind of fences do you have around you? Sounds like a shitty fence.

Unless of course you are referring to using it in a 16:9 ratio. Then it kind of makes sense.

They have ACER Predator X34 and the ASUS PG348Q, I would wait for the ASUS though as ACER seems to be having a lot of problems at the moment. The ASUS PG348Q comes out at the end of December

Oh ok, so they are coming around.  I just thought you had to choose one or the other.  This is excellent.  I was looking to upgrade some time next year.  Thank you!!

EDIT:  After looking at it is there going to be something very similar, but at 144hz?