iPhone Dilemma

Rossco

I have the money to spend on a new phone. I currently have an iPhone 5S and was looking to upgrade. Now, the questions is...

• iPhone 6 - 64gb - £539
  • iPhone 6s - 16gb - £539
  • iPhone 6s - 64gb - £619

Now I have enough for the 6S 64gb, but I'm not sure if it is worth the extra money, so what do you guys think??

Also, don't suggest and android phone, I want to stick with iPhones :)

Thanks in advance!

4770k | GTX 780 | 350D | 16GB RAM | 120GB SSD | 1TB HDD | 750w PSU | Kraken x60 | Custom Sleeved Cables | ASUS PB287Q

Build Log 

Get Lumia

You said not to suggest Android phones :P

Anyway.. I dont know how you use your phone for me 16GB would be enough so I would go for 6s but if you listen a lot of music or watch videos or shoot photos then you will definitely want 64GB. Not sure if the 6s is worth over the 6 with such bug price difference though.

Get Lumia

You said not to suggest Android phones :P

Anyway.. I dont know how you use your phone for me 16GB would be enough so I would go for 6s but if you listen a lot of music or watch videos or shoot photos then you will definitely want 64GB. Not sure if the 6s is worth over the 6 with such bug price difference though.

You can always rely on someone to come in with something smart ;)

Yeah, I have unlimited data so i do stream a lot of stuff, but I guess the extra storage could come in handy for some things, idk D:

4770k | GTX 780 | 350D | 16GB RAM | 120GB SSD | 1TB HDD | 750w PSU | Kraken x60 | Custom Sleeved Cables | ASUS PB287Q

Build Log 

16GB isn't enough on an iPhone IMO, so if you can afford the 64GB model then go for it, but it might be better to go for the 6 over the 6S and save about £80, unless you care about shaky 4K footage and 3D touch.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Do you need more than 16 GB of storage?

If YES, that's the iPhone 6S 16 GB ruled out.

Do you want the extra speed/ features of the 6S and do you think it's worth the price?

If YES that rules out the 6S entirely.

I would probably say to not upgrade to something that isn't the newest model.  But the price increase is huge.  Are you a hardcore phone user?  If yes it would be very worth it but... maybe not otherwise.

6S 64GB.

There's no reason for anyone to have under 64GB of physical non expandable storage in today's market, and shame on the producers of these products for even having options out for it.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

I'd never buy an iPhone, but if I had to choose from those, I'd get the iPhone 6 64GB.

16GB isn't enough on an iPhone IMO, so if you can afford the 64GB model then go for it, but it might be better to go for the 6 over the 6S and save about £80, unless you care about shaky 4K footage and 3D touch.

Yeah and the fact its non-expandable as well leaves me with little expansion on the 16GB model, and tbf the 4k is at 30fps anyway and 3D touch seems cool, but is it really worth £80? hmm

Do you need more than 16 GB of storage?

If YES, that's the iPhone 6S 16 GB ruled out.

Do you want the extra speed/ features of the 6S and do you think it's worth the price?

If YES that rules out the 6S entirely.

I would probably say to not upgrade to something that isn't the newest model.  But the price increase is huge.  Are you a hardcore phone user?  If yes it would be very worth it but... maybe not otherwise.

Yah, 16GB probably isn't worth it if im forking out £600 for a phone, but i dont know if the performance improvements of the 6s will be enough to justify the extra pricing on it.

And yeah, i would call myself pretty hardcore user, i typically need to charge my phone 2-3 times a day #firstworldproblems

Build Log 

6S 64GB.

There's no reason for anyone to have under 64GB of physical non expandable storage in today's market, and shame on the producers of these products for even having options out for it.

Yeah I do think that it's poor from apple to not offer expandable storage. 

I'd never buy an iPhone, but if I had to choose from those, I'd get the iPhone 6 64GB.

Don't be so dismissive, they're not as bad as they seem ;)

Build Log 

Yeah and the fact its non-expandable as well leaves me with little expansion on the 16GB model, and tbf the 4k is at 30fps anyway and 3D touch seems cool, but is it really worth £80? hmm

Yah, 16GB probably isn't worth it if im forking out £600 for a phone, but i dont know if the performance improvements of the 6s will be enough to justify the extra pricing on it.

And yeah, i would call myself pretty hardcore user, i typically need to charge my phone 2-3 times a day #firstworldproblems

Yea get a 6S then probably.  You will have a better experience now and it will last you a bit longer.

Yea get a 6S then probably.  You will have a better experience now and it will last you a bit longer.

Thanks for you input! :)

Build Log 

get the 6s 64gb . there is no such thing as having too much space. it's better to have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it.

my phone is a 32gb and it is simply not enough for me

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs

get the 6s 64gb . there is no such thing as having too much space. it's better to have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it.

my phone is a 32gb and it is simply not enough for me

Yeah I guess, I'd much rather have too much that too little!

Build Log 

I would recommend the 6s 64gb. I'm upgrading from my 5 to that. Apple Pay, 3d touch, live photos, 4k video, bigger screen, etc. 

It does sound like a tempting upgrade :P

Build Log 

I forgot about live photos *cough* gifs *cough* the 4K video recording is okay, but I've never been blown away with it because the phone doesn't have a 4K display, so you'd need to export it to your PC to be able to enjoy it in full, shaky, washed out glory.

the A9 is a pretty powerful chip, especially with 2GB of ram, double that of the A8 in the 6, so it may be worth it just for that improvement alone.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I forgot about live photos *cough* gifs *cough* the 4K video recording is okay, but I've never been blown away with it because the phone doesn't have a 4K display, so you'd need to export it to your PC to be able to enjoy it in full, shaky, washed out glory.

the A9 is a pretty powerful chip, especially with 2GB of ram, double that of the A8 in the 6, so it may be worth it just for that improvement alone.

Really?? Double the performance?? wow.

Anyway, I've gone and reserved a 64gb 6S for the moment, and if i change my mind i wont pick it up :P

Thanks everyone!

Build Log 

Really?? Double the performance?? wow.

Anyway, I've gone and reserved a 64gb 6S for the moment, and if i change my mind i wont pick it up [emoji14]

Thanks everyone!

No, not double the performance, double the ram. It is a pretty nice bump up in performance as well, but not double sadly.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler