Upgrade to Ubuntu GUI?

I have Ubuntu command line at the moment, can I upgrade to the GUI version from here? If so, How?

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

I honestly would backup all of your data and have a clean installation.

Well im using a VM that I just set up and have not done anything that important in, so Ill probably just install the GUI version.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

I have Ubuntu command line at the moment, can I upgrade to the GUI version from here? If so, How?

Are you running a Ubuntu Server? That's the only reason I can see for having just Ubuntu command line.  

Are you running a Ubuntu Server? That's the only reason I can see for having just Ubuntu command line.  

yes

yes

I see. I was going to say do sudo apt-get upgrade but I just read you are just going to do a clean install on your VM. 

You don't have to re-install to add GUI to Ubuntu Server:

http://complete-concrete-concise.com/ubuntu-2/ubuntu-12-04-server/ubuntu-12-04-server-how-to-install-a-gui

Re-installing to add a GUI to Linux is like re-installing to add a different background to Windows.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

ubuntu gui on ubuntu server... ah... the horror

Guess what you get when you remove GUI from regular Ubuntu? Its just a package not an OS.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Guess what you get when you remove GUI from regular Ubuntu? Its just a package not an OS.

I guess my short comment doesn't make it clear.  Just specifically commenting on the standard ubuntu desktop gui.  The amount of stuff that's installed by default makes it worse than Vista.  

btw.. the link to the ubuntu server gui guide is broken.

My Rigs (past and present)

Well im using a VM that I just set up and have not done anything that important in, so Ill probably just install the GUI version.

Snapshot VM and feel free to do anything.

My Rigs (past and present)