Windows 10 takes too long to boot

MatthewLynch

I upgraded from windows 7 professional to windows 10 pro, but it is taking around 1:45 minutes to start up. Will a clean install solve this?

I have a 7.200 rpm HDD and no programs, since I had to format when on windows 7 and after that I decided to upgrade, how much should it take to boot? I read many people say the boot in 8 sec, but that is with an SSD. How much for a HDD?

i get 20-25 seconds on my hdd O.o

but i also don't have a gpu or any other hardware pcie etc stuff plugged in.

I upgraded from windows 7 professional to windows 10 pro, but it is taking around 1:45 minutes to start up. Will a clean install solve this?

I have a 7.200 rpm HDD and no programs, since I had to format when on windows 7 and after that I decided to upgrade, how much should it take to boot? I read many people say the boot in 8 sec, but that is with an SSD. How much for a HDD?

yes a clean install will fix it

should probably redo the partitions to

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

And I have had some problems with key verify. Because my laptop came with windows 7 an BIOS in Legacy and the disk MBR. I want to set BIOS to UEFI and disk to GPR but it wont alow me to install windows 7 with the disk in GPR and although I set my BIOS to UEFI it keeps installing windows 7 on Legacy. So when I update I update in Legacy and MBR, but if I format the disk and turn it to GPR windows 10 doesnt verify the key after clean install. Does anybody know hoy can I do this or will I have to stay with Legacy and MBR?

And I have had some problems with key verify. Because my laptop came with windows 7 an BIOS in Legacy and the disk MBR. I want to set BIOS to UEFI and disk to GPR but it wont alow me to install windows 7 with the disk in GPR and although I set my BIOS to UEFI it keeps installing windows 7 on Legacy. So when I update I update in Legacy and MBR, but if I format the disk and turn it to GPR windows 10 doesnt verify the key after clean install. Does anybody know hoy can I do this or will I have to stay with Legacy and MBR?

install 7 with mbr and uefi...

then just update to 10.....once you do the upgrade to 10...do the clean install..but delete all the partitions...the installer will then make the partitions gpt

or if for some reason it doesn't..you can manually do it with diskpart during the windows 10 clean install on the partitions page

install 7 with mbr and uefi...

then just update to 10.....once you do the upgrade to 10...do the clean install..but delete all the partitions...the installer will then make the partitions gpt

or if for some reason it doesn't..you can manually do it with diskpart during the windows 10 clean install on the partitions page

Ok, I did this and it installed in UEFI and GPT. But my windows is not activating now. Do you know how long will it take to activate?

Ok, I did this and it installed in UEFI and GPT. But my windows is not activating now. Do you know how long will it take to activate?

you must have done the steps wrong

1..install windows 7 from directions above

2...install network adapter drivers

3..activate windows 7

4..download windows 10 install tool..and a make a windows 10 install usb with the correct version of windows 10...(windows 7 pro/ultimate= windows 10 pro..windows 10 home/basic= windows 10 core)

5..upgrade to windows 10 from within windows (click on setup.exe on usb stick)

6...once win 10 is installed and activated..boot from the usb stick and do the clean install with directions from above...