carrizo FX 8800p is amazing... but its nowhere to be found

Guest Strangerbob

The new Carrizo 28nm APU released in June.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-FX-8800P-Notebook-Processor-Specifications-and-Benchmarks.144074.0.html

Its powerful shit. Just as powerful as amd`s best desktop APU graphics wise. The same as an nvidia 840m.

Heres the laptops that are supposed to come with the new carrizo:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-carrizo-notebooks-coming-sort-of,29309.html

I couldnt find a single one that has an IPS screen.

Such a fucking disappointment. Putting something so awesome in garbage laptops! GG industry.

15 and 17" IPS laptops with that 8800p carrizo and some 2133mhz 8gig ram + a swappable HDD cage and an outgoing dp1.2a+ port for external adaptive sync monitor supprot would have been the best thing since sliced bread.

But noooooooooooo.......

APU laptops are pretty amazing by themselves. Even just because you get an entry level gpu performance without having a second processor on the motherboard.

But, obviously APU laptops are incredibly rare and usually garbage in all other specs.

This industry really makes me want to choke a boat.

I have to agree, APU (other than low end) laptops are hard to find. Especially high end ones.

Premium laptops, the kind that have an IPS screen, are going to be running Intel...just how it goes.  Doesn't Broadwell Iris Pro destroy APUs anyways?

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Not really...

Seems like most APU reviews were done last year. They are everywhere though... even when you don't need em! (intel)

blackshades on

Premium laptops, the kind that have an IPS screen, are going to be running Intel...just how it goes.  Doesn't Broadwell Iris Pro destroy APUs anyways?

The current best available iris pro 5200 is at the same level of performance in theory and way weaker in gaming as the gpu inside the fx 8800p.

Except the 5200 iris pro containing processors are more expensive than AMDs top APU.