Mini-ITX Case Ideas?

nickbu1

Does anyone know of a Mini-ITX or microATX case that is smaller than 300mm deep?

The PC would sit on a shelf that is only 300mm deep so I have been trying to find a case that would fit on the shelf.

So far I will probably be going with the Lian Li Q11 unless anyone else has any ideas?

Thanks

Corsair 400R / Intel Core i7 2600K / MSI P67A-GD53 / 2 X MSI GeForce GTX 560Ti Twin Frozr II SLI / Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2x4GB) 1600Mhz

OCZ ZT 550W / Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo / Crucial M4 128GB (2x64GB RAID 0) / WD Caviar Green 1TB / Arctic Silver 5

An alternative could be the FT03-Mini. Its slightly taller than the Q11, but in my opinion looks better. And it can fit a slightly longer GPU.

Build LogsPCX - A HTPC/Low End Gaming PC in a Playstation 1 Chasis (90-ish% done) | Yamaha PC-350 (Computer in a RD-350 engine) --> Coming Soon | Mediocre Terrors: Yet Another Prodigy Build Log

Does anyone know of a Mini-ITX or microATX case that is smaller than 300mm deep? The PC would sit on a shelf that is only 300mm deep so I have been trying to find a case that would fit on the shelf. So far I will probably be going with the Lian Li Q11 unless anyone else has any ideas? Thanks

If you put it sideways, you can fit a bitfenix prodigy. That's 25 cm wide

Does anyone know of a Mini-ITX or microATX case that is smaller than 300mm deep? The PC would sit on a shelf that is only 300mm deep so I have been trying to find a case that would fit on the shelf. So far I will probably be going with the Lian Li Q11 unless anyone else has any ideas? Thanks
If you put it sideways' date=' you can fit a bitfenix prodigy. That's 25 cm wide[/quote']

Prodigy is too deep, it's 359mm so would hang off the front of the shelf.

I want the case to sit front on on the shelf. If the shelf was bigger would love to go with a Prodigy though.

Corsair 400R / Intel Core i7 2600K / MSI P67A-GD53 / 2 X MSI GeForce GTX 560Ti Twin Frozr II SLI / Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2x4GB) 1600Mhz

OCZ ZT 550W / Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo / Crucial M4 128GB (2x64GB RAID 0) / WD Caviar Green 1TB / Arctic Silver 5

An alternative could be the FT03-Mini. Its slightly taller than the Q11' date=' but in my opinion looks better. And it can fit a slightly longer GPU.[/quote']

That was another option, although buttons and connections are on the top on the case so may be kind of hard to access

If you put it sideways' date=' you can fit a bitfenix prodigy. That's 25 cm wide[/quote'] Prodigy is too deep, it's 359mm so would hang off the front of the shelf. I want the case to sit front on on the shelf. If the shelf was bigger would love to go with a Prodigy though.

you'd want it sideways anyway, thats where the power button is

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

If you put it sideways' date=' you can fit a bitfenix prodigy. That's 25 cm wide[/quote'] Prodigy is too deep, it's 359mm so would hang off the front of the shelf. I want the case to sit front on on the shelf. If the shelf was bigger would love to go with a Prodigy though.

you'd want it sideways anyway, thats where the power button is

That is a good point, will have a think about whether that will work or not, thanks

if you have enought room you could use a prodigy, take the handles off and turn it to the right so the buttons will be facing you

You should go with an SG05. It's pretty much the smallest mini-ITX case you could get that can still fit high end hardware, as I have mine with a 670/3570k and it's running great. It's just about 11" deep. I can post some pictures if you would like.