CS:GO FPS issues

aaher

Iv just upgraded my CPU and CS:GO is having bad fps drops and stuttering.

My Rig 

I7 6700k
16gb ddr4

gtx 970
650 watt powersupply

Anyone know why this could be happening, iv played around with the settings all day and no fix.

Drivers maybe. 

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

Im using the latest driver, should i go back one and test ?

Im using the latest driver, should i go back one and test ?

are those temps during gaming or not? look for drops. use MSI after burner or something, have you overclocked?

yes during gaming, they are the maximum temps when gaming, only game that i have problems with is CS, nothing is overclocked

yes during gaming, they are the maximum temps when gaming, only game that i have problems with is CS, nothing is overclocked

Try reinstalling the game?

PC Specs: 

CPU: i7-9700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM: 16GB's Team T-Force Vulcan 3000MHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Edition  | Storage: 500GB WD Caviar Blue | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Crucial BX200 240GB SSD | OS: Windows 10 64-bit  | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headphones: Sennheiser HD 598 Special Edition's, HD 598 Cs | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire XT MX Blues Monitors: Acer GN246HL 144Hz, Acer G226HQLBbd 60Hz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

yes iv reinstalled the game and i still suffer from it

CSGO's optimization is fucked up dude

believe it or not, there are cases where people have problems on high end rigs

so it might not be your problem at all

i used to have huge fps drops that made the game unplayable for me a few months back.. suddenly, one day they released a patch (there was no related fix about fps drops and stuff on the patch notes) and the game was running all good after that

i've even seen posts of pros and semi-pros having fps drops issues while they had like 300+ average fps 

You can try adding launch option commands by going to your Steam Library, right click on CSGO, go to Properties, then there'll be a window that pops up that has a "Set Launch Options" button.

In the Launch Options window you can input commands to give the game when it launches.

You can try putting in;

-high -threads 4

"-high" puts CSGO as high priority for your CPU, "-threads 4" dedicates 4 CPU threads for CSGO.

There are tons of launch option commands online you can try, here is a Steam community guide on it: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=379782151

I personally use;

-novid -noborder -high -threads 4 -full -w 1280 -h 960 -freq 150 -refresh 150 -tickrate 128 -nojoy +exec autoexec.cfg

This is what works for me, so I don't recommend using these commands for your own personal use, but you can see how much you can put into Launch Options.

If this doesn't fix anything/much, just quote me and I think I can find some other solutions.