Keyboard Nightmare

GamerDad

I am at my wit's end guys...

I have installed Windows 8 on a brand new build. Initially, everything ran fine and dandy but after a week's use, the keyboard has gone haywire and I can confirm that it is a software issue as the keyboard works fine on my other PCs.

What happens is that the keyboard appears to be alt-typing with every keystroke. By that I mean that if I wanted to type the letter F, then the File menu option will show up in the program I am using instead of simply typing the letter F. If I wanted to type the letter S, the Save menu option will show up.

What makes this even worse is that even my mouse is affected by this. I can't use the scroll wheel and sometimes I can't right-click.

Sticky keys are disabled, Toggle keys are disabled. Filter keys are disabled.

The only way I can get around this is by using my keyboards refresh button. If I hold the refresh button down, I am able to type just fine and my mouse works fine as well (right-clicking and scroll wheel work).

I tried re-installing the drivers to no effect.

Does anyone know what is causing this and how I can put an end to my misery?

What keyboard are u using, and what OS is the other pc using that you tested on

The keyboard model is irrelevant. Testing has proved the keyboard to be functional even in Windows 8 on other machines. The keyboard works on Windows 7, Windows XP, and Mac OS X 10.6.

The keyboard model is irrelevant. Testing has proved the keyboard to be functional even in Windows 8 on other machines. The keyboard works on Windows 7, Windows XP, and Mac OS X 10.6.

So the keyboard works on all other machines except yours? Like it is working fine on all of the other computers?

Intel 3570K - MSI GTX 660Ti 3GB OC Edition - 16GB Corsair LP RAM - ASRock Extreme4 Motherboard - Corsair HX850 - Adata Premier Pro SP900 120GB SSD with Windows 7 - Seagate Barracuda 1TD HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - CM Storm Enforcer Case - Macbook Pro Early 2011 Laptop

That's right. My new machine works, but only when holding the refresh button to type/scroll.

Do you have any other keyboards you could try? And the kb model can make a difference, so, especially if another keyboard works, please tell us which one you're using. Also, what happens if you press ctrl+key? If you do ctrl+s, does it also open the save box or do you just type an S?

HTTP/2 203

• 2 weeks later...

I just have to type S. The keyboards are generic brands. There's no branding on them. I wish I could tell you what they are, but I have no idea.