Locked out of Windows.

I had an old drive from a Windows 8 laptop, and some old desktop parts. So, as many of us would do, I put them together, I was exited to see the system boot, but once I logged in, I got this error.

"Windows ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you."

This will be in an endless loop. Do you guys have any tips? I have a Windows 10 flash drive but no product key for the Win 8 OS.

This is just a project for a guest computer. Any tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Windows being installed with or without AHCI set in the bios, then moved to a diff PC,... better make sure it also is in the same mode (Or without), then booting with a board that may not/or may have it enabled, will result in that BSOD/Error Loop.

If its needed, and missing, it won't boot.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

its not the right chipset. You'll need to reinstall windows.

I had an old drive from a Windows 8 laptop, and some old desktop parts. So, as many of us would do, I put them together, I was exited to see the system boot, but once I logged in, I got this error.

"Windows ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you."

This will be in an endless loop. Do you guys have any tips? I have a Windows 10 flash drive but no product key for the Win 8 OS.

This is just a project for a guest computer. Any tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE