Why aren't any reviewers using Windows 10 for GPU reviews

Mattyd7829

Moved to OSes and Software.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I guess before dx12 becomes relevant, Vulcan will become also.

Vulcan + Linux = Better performance... for free.

That was not my main point.  :)

No but your main point IMHO was not valid. Of course they have done a lot of benchmarks on 7 and 8.1, this doesn't mean that they get to ignore a new OS just because it is not as favourable to their personal choice of kit.

No but your main point IMHO was not valid. Of course they have done a lot of benchmarks on 7 and 8.1, this doesn't mean that they get to ignore a new OS just because it is not as favourable to their personal choice of kit.

You don't get it then...

Reviewers would be adding a uncommon variable to the mix.

Get it yet?

You don't get it then...

Reviewers would be adding a uncommon variable to the mix.

Get it yet?

No, you "dont get it". It is obvious that the reviewers will have a lot of benchmarks on 7 and 8.1 because those operating systems have been around for longer, but surely they should re-run those benchmarks on the "Current OS" so that any and all differences can be shown.

No, you "dont get it". It is obvious that the reviewers will have a lot of benchmarks on 7 and 8.1 because those operating systems have been around for longer, but surely they should re-run those benchmarks on the "Current OS" so that any and all differences can be shown.

Wow you are stubborn. 

Surely they cannot instantly produce the Win10 benches magically... it takes time.  Some of the cards previously tested might not even be on hand for some reviewers.

any more suggestions as to why this is? The point made by stconquest is a fairly valid one about the amount of time required to restest everything but the latest review that caused my to create this post was just 2 dual card setups, Nvidia vs AMD, or 980ti sli vs Fury X Crossfire. That would have been easy enough to run on W10. 

Wow you are stubborn. 

Surely they cannot instantly produce the Win10 benches magically... it takes time.  Some of the cards previously tested might not even be on hand for some reviewers.

I am stubborn because as a consumer, I want to the most up to date kit and software tested. And as an AMD customer, I don't like to see skewed reviews. 

As I posted in the post above, the latest review was simply a showdown between two sets of kit. That would not have been difficult to run on W10.