Worth the investment in a R9 390?

Muz

Hey all,

I was originally going to buy the 380, but if I have a little more money available is it worth getting the 390, just to future proof it a little bit and feel the full affect of later games, I am money tightish so I need something to convince me to get the 390.

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

I'd say go for it ^_^

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Yes

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Hey all,

I was originally going to buy the 380, but if I have a little more money available is it worth getting the 390, just to future proof it a little bit and feel the full affect of later games, I am money tightish so I need something to convince me to get the 390.

yup, go for it. 8 gigs of vram and a lot of power for the money so nothing bad there. (I just hope you're not using linux cause amd's drivers in linux are shit compared to the windows equivalents)

I am a member of the PCMasterRace. I am terribly sad to announce that I own a PeasantStation 3 Super Slim. it's in a drawer away from my glorious PC.
F@H stats:http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=AngelKoura

yup, go for it. 8 gigs of vram and a lot of power for the money so nothing bad there. (I just hope you're not using linux cause amd's drivers in linux are shit compared to the windows equivalents)

Now the real question now is, MSI or Gigabyte, they cost exactly the same but they don't have the MSI version in stock, worth waiting for it to get come in? (Usually takes a week)

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

Now the real question now is, MSI or Gigabyte, they cost exactly the same but they don't have the MSI version in stock, worth waiting for it to get come in? (Usually takes a week)

I  bought the Sapphire version (tri-cooling fans), haven't tried it yet but it seemed a good built quality ... 

wait for the msi. just my opinion

I am a member of the PCMasterRace. I am terribly sad to announce that I own a PeasantStation 3 Super Slim. it's in a drawer away from my glorious PC.
F@H stats:http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=AngelKoura

MSI or Sapphire for sure...

or you can roll with XFX, just be aware that historically, XFX cards are a bit noisier and overclocks lower then MSI or Sapphire...

That being said, i think there is a 390X from XFX for pretty darn cheap in canada....

The only thing better then a 390 is a 390X that is dirt cheap....

also, just got to throw this out there... do NOT buy Asus cards... their coolers are shit