Windows boot manager issue

Creepz

I bought a v15 acer nitro and I added a 250gb m.2 ssd into it. Everything is good but when I boot it won't immediately load into the ssd, It tries to load into the 1tb hdd. I mirrored the 1tb os onto the ssd and set the ssd to be #1 boot priority. Then I formatted the 1tb hdd. When it boots it says "preparing automatic system repair" The only way i get it to work is by enabling boot manager and pressing f12 and selecting the ssd. Once I do that it does 7 seconds of disk checking, which I want to disable. Why won't it just boot straight into the ssd without the automatic repair? I think it's trying to boot into the old hdd for whatever reason. I'm running windows 10, sorry if that was hard to follow

I bought a v15 acer nitro and I added a 250gb m.2 ssd into it. Everything is good but when I boot it won't immediately load into the ssd, It tries to load into the 1tb hdd. I mirrored the 1tb os onto the ssd and set the ssd to be #1 boot priority. Then I formatted the 1tb hdd. When it boots it says "preparing automatic system repair" The only way i get it to work is by enabling boot manager and pressing f12 and selecting the ssd. Once I do that it does 7 seconds of disk checking, which I want to disable. Why won't it just boot straight into the ssd without the automatic repair? I think it's trying to boot into the old hdd for whatever reason. I'm running windows 10, sorry if that was hard to follow

Thats waht you get for cloning...  Do a clean install

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Thats waht you get for cloning...  Do a clean install

Thanks for the reply I guess...... I'm going to pass on your "advice" though.

Thanks for the reply I guess...... I'm going to pass on your "advice" though.

Okay, so you do realize that your OLD copy will point the comptuer to the OLD copy... you'll quite litterally have to do a clean install, change the boot device, and then you can finally enjoy your new hardware.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

You honestly should have known of the dangers that come with cloning, if it has a duplicate bill gates seal of approval, (Windows 10 is smarter than 8) it's gonna know when you have a pirated hdd/ssd and a cracked boot order. Cloners get what they deserve. Smh tbh fam.

If you put in install media, point it to the new install and try and repair the installation.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4