Need decent dac/amp for headphones.

erikmidtun

I mean you could probably just buy a magni 2 first and then plug your 3.5mm jack from PC to the magni 2. 

I'm leaning against that thought myself. It's either getting a Magni II or a similar amp now, and buy a dac later, or getting a fast dac/amp alternative with less options like the dragonfly. But getting the Magni now seems a little better, and then buy the modi or another dac in a month or two.

I will also get my processor back from repairment soon, so I can use my desktop computer. Currently im using my over 4 years old gaming notebook with a crappy soundcard and bad usb hubs.

I saw that now on massdrop they have the Musiland Monitor 02US Dragon DAC/Amp and if it reaches the lowest price point, it will be the same price as the Magni II for me here in Norway. Do anyone of you have any experience with this one, or should i just go with the magni II as intended?

I personally have very good experiences with the DacMagic Plus by Cambridge Audio. It's easily available via HiFi Klubben in Norway as well. :)

I personally have very good experiences with the DacMagic Plus by Cambridge Audio. It's easily available via HiFi Klubben in Norway as well. :)

That would be nice, but it's also 2,5x my budget

That would be nice, but it's also 2,5x my budget

Oh, sorry. Did not think about that.