USB 3 Not working after upgrading to windows 8

chrisrice93

I recently upgraded to windows 8 and just realized that my usb 3 ports no longer work at full speed. Whenever I use my usb3 flash drive it transfers at usb 2 speeds whether I plug it into a usb 2 or usb 3 port. I have tried updating my motherboard bios and drivers but the problem persists. Any ideas? Thanks.

What motherboard do you have?

i5 2500K - Asrock Extreme4 Gen3 - G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB- Asus GTX660 Ti - Crucial M4 256Gb

sure you got the right drivers that are compatible with win8??

I have a gigabyte p67a-ud7-b3. I can't actually find usb3 drivers on gigabyte's website but when I look in device manager it recognizes them as usb3 ports.

If you look at this it says it has 2 x Renesas D720200 chips and 2 x VLI VL810 hubs, so if you would search for that chip maybe you can find some drivers? that's what I did for my Asrock P67 board, they weren't listed on the Asrock website either ;)

i5 2500K - Asrock Extreme4 Gen3 - G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB- Asus GTX660 Ti - Crucial M4 256Gb

Try and see if the link attached works.

It SHOULD be fine, but I suggest you just try it, really.

Try and see if the link attached works. It SHOULD be fine' date=' but I suggest you just try it, really.[/quote']

Along with these, here are some chipset drivers; not sure if you will need these aswell, but it's always good to ensure you have everything:

This

And this

Try the original driver disc as well, but if that and the downloads fail, try to install the driver through manually choosing it in the "Have disk" option in Device Manager

MEH

Thanks a bunch guys it's working perfectly now! Here's a link to the driver I used if anyone runs into the same problem.