Zotc GTX 960 AMP! 4GB vs. Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB

byalexandr
Go to solution Solved by catzambia,

Maybe I should just keep saving. I was just playing some Conquest with a guy with a 970 and he said i should just wait for a card even better than the 970 unless I have the money right now to buy the 970. Maybe I should keep saving up until I get into some really high end stuff?

Hmmm... Yeah, if you're happy with you're performance now, you may as well wait and see how things go with DirectX12, and if AMD wins dx12. :)

EDIT: I shouldn't say wins, since drivers can increase performance dramatically, but dx12 might still favor AMD gpus, we'll see.

The 960 might have a slight edge in BF4, but only by a few frames, and the benchmarks I looked at were at ultra preset, 1080p. The 280 (380 based on same gpu) got about 50, and the 960 got about 54. But the 380 would perform better than a 280, and there have likely been driver improvements since these benchmarks. Also keep in mind the 380 might have better performance in future titles supporting DirectX12. I'd go for the 380 for better performance in the future, although either would be fine. http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/2015-vga-charts/16-Battlefield-4-1080p,3679.html take a look for yourself. :)

LTT's Fastest 9800gt

LTT Forum Beginners Guide

The 960 might have a slight edge in BF4, but only by a few frames, and the benchmarks I looked at were at ultra preset, 1080p. The 280 (380 based on same gpu) got about 50, and the 960 got about 54. But the 380 would perform better than a 280, and there have likely been driver improvements since these benchmarks. Also keep in mind the 380 might have better performance in future titles supporting DirectX12. I'd go for the 380 for better performance in the future, although either would be fine. http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/2015-vga-charts/16-Battlefield-4-1080p,3679.html take a look for yourself. :)

Hmm... BF4 is the main game I play. I play it A LOT. I think the 960 would actually be better for me. The cheaper price tag plus all of the Nvidia 'perks' I get seems pretty nice. Plus I really likew the look of that AMP cooler.

Hmm... BF4 is the main game I play. I play it A LOT. I think the 960 would actually be better for me. The cheaper price tag plus all of the Nvidia 'perks' I get seems pretty nice. Plus I really likew the look of that AMP cooler.

butttt future titles... Like when EA releases a battlefield game that ISN'T hardline xD

LTT's Fastest 9800gt

butttt future titles... Like when EA releases a battlefield game that ISN'T hardline xD

Maybe I should just keep saving. I was just playing some Conquest with a guy with a 970 and he said i should just wait for a card even better than the 970 unless I have the money right now to buy the 970. Maybe I should keep saving up until I get into some really high end stuff?

Hmmm... Yeah, if you're happy with you're performance now, you may as well wait and see how things go with DirectX12, and if AMD wins dx12. :)

EDIT: I shouldn't say wins, since drivers can increase performance dramatically, but dx12 might still favor AMD gpus, we'll see.

LTT's Fastest 9800gt