Windows 10 Installation Issues

AFlyingBuffalo

I decided to reinstall Windows 8.1 today (not genuine) with success and it asked me to install Windows 10, so i contacted Microsoft and went through the activation process and got a genuine copy. I proceeded to go through the installation and after restarting my computer and signing in, i was shown an error saying that it couldn't install and something went wrong. (I installed all my updates prior to this) I tried 2 more times after that to no avail so I decided to ask around here.

I hope I can get some help from you guys!

Thanks!

Edit: I did purchase this copy of Windows, but I just used it on multiple computers.

Edit: The error: WindowsUpdate_C1900101 OR WindowsUpdate_dt000

Buy your software.

/thread

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Buy your software.

/thread

Sigh, you didn't even try to answer my question properly did you? That's not the question I even asked, I have a full genuine copy of Windows 8.1.

Edit: I purchased it a year ago and used it on a different PC that I sold, and just re-used it on my current one.

Shouldn't make a difference if you used a used key this is a software issue your asking about, not licencing.

Can you boot to desktop at all ? Is it the win 10 you are struggling to install ? 

Shouldn't make a difference if you used a used key this is a software issue your asking about, not licencing.

Can you boot to desktop at all ? Is it the win 10 you are struggling to install ? 

I can currently use Windows 8.1 but after restarting my computer, the windows update window shows up and says that there is an error installing Windows 10.

OK..........

What I would do.

Run disk clean-up, wait for it to load a click "clean up system files" tick all boxes and let it run and finish. 

Then run............... services.msc, stop the "windows update service" and delete all the contents of "c:\windows\software distribution" folder.

Reboot your machine and start the process from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10