New 780 for shield?

SlaughterSmurf

Right now I have a 7970. and I was planning on saving up and waiting for the next generation of AMD graphics cards to get that little bit of extra performance. The only issue is I want to get an Nvidea Shield. Do you guys think that I should get a 780 over a 9970 just so I am able to get a shield?

Have you checked out the ghetto shield?

It might help to see if you would actually like the shield or not.

If you really like it, then go for the 780. If not, then 9970.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you really like the idea of the Shield, then get the 780. The 9970 is going to be the same performance gain as each generation, 10-15%. If you think that low performance gain is better than getting a Shield, then go for it. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Just do the ghetto shield ;P

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>