Stormtrooper 2.0

Well, this is not a new build but I´ve upgraded my rig to Crossfire with another Asus Matrix HD 7970 Platinum. 

I´ve been looking at the GTX 780 a while but I love my Matrix Platinum,so when I found this used card on Tradera(Ebay) the other day I decided to go for Crossfire.

After some intence bidding I got the card without exceeding the max price I had decided. 

It was a bit of a thight fit but the soundcard is there! I was a bit worried about the psu but it´s fine with about 650 watts out of the socket on full load. Without OC that is. It´s 35´C in the room anyway!

The specs.

motherboard Asus Rampage IV Extreme

CPU              Intel i7 3930K

CPU cooler   Corsair H100i

RAM             16GB 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance LP Quad 1600 CL8

GPU             2 Asus Matrix HD7970 Platinum

soundcard    Asus Xonar Xense

SSD             Samsung 840 PRO 256GB

HDD             3 WD Green 2TB

PSU             Corsair TX850W

case             Corsair 600T White

monitor         Asus VG248QE 144Hz

keyboard      Corsair K60

mouse          Logitech G500

headphones Sennheiser PC350

OS               Windows 8 pro

RAM cache Fancy Cache beta

Stormtrooper 2.0

crossfire

Asus Matrix HD7970 Platinum CrossfireX

start your engines

asus xonar xense

crossfire2

Love the sound card just sitting in between those beasts, would like to see a pic with the rig all fired up.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

Put white 3d carbon fiber over the Xfire bridge..

Put white 3d carbon fiber over the Xfire bridge..

This was nice!

IMG_0775.jpg

This was nice!

IMG_0775.jpg

Sweet..I did mine in white to match my storm stryker..

Sweet..I did mine in white to match my storm stryker..

White would be nice!

Awesome man! I have one 7970 Matrix Plat. I can only imagine how balls to the wall two would be.  B)

Asus Gryphon w/Thermal Armor / Intel i5 4670K / Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB / Asus ROG Matrix 7970 Platinum / Samsung 830 / Seagate Barracuda

Corsair AX860 / Corsiar 350D / Corsair H100i / Windows 8 Pro

Love the sound card just sitting in between those beasts, would like to see a pic with the rig all fired up.

I think that I should get an external sound card. It feels like the sound card is chokeing the gpu. But there´s only a 10´C difference between the cards at full load.

I think that I should get an external sound card. It feels like the sound card is chokeing the gpu. But there´s only a 10´C difference between the cards at full load.

PCI-E extensions maybe? Wont help that much i suppose

http://dx.com/p/pci-e-16x-male-to-female-extension-cable-20cm-127599

RAWR signature became a bunch of HTML codes

I really like what you've done but that hideous old school Corsair label needs to go.

AX860/i or Antec's new 800 HCG-M PSU's would look awesome in there. Just saying. Otherwise, love it!

[Case] Phanteks Eclipse P400S TG (Air Mesh) || [CPU] Ryzen 7 5800X || [Cooler] Dark Rock Slim || [Mobo] ROG STRIX B550-F || [RAM] 32GB Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

[GPU] XFX MERC319 Radeon RX 6950XT || [SSD] 1TB WD SN550 M.2 NVME || [HDD] 6TB Seagate IronWolf 7200 || [PSU] Corsair AX850

[Display] LG 27GL850 @ 2560x1440 - 144Hz || [Mouse] ROG Gladius II || [Keyboard] ROG Strix Flare (Cherry MX Red) || [Speakers] 2.1 Logitech Z-3 || [Fans] 3x 120mm Corsair LL RGB

Theater Room - My 11.1 Home Theater

I really like what you've done but that hideous old school Corsair label needs to go.

AX860/i or Antec's new 800 HCG-M PSU's would look awesome in there. Just saying. Otherwise, love it!

Yeah, I've been thinking about the AX860i and I want a modular psu. I am just gonna find out how much power my rig wants with cf when oc, now that I'm about to finish the build.

I want to have some other memory, because the low profiles was a trade of from when I had a h80 in the rig. I used to have 32GB

of those also, but 16GB is in my daughters new Haswell build.

how the hell did you squeeze a sound card in there? check my build log, there is just no room with those 3 slots gpus?

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

how the hell did you squeeze a sound card in there? check my build log, there is just no room with those 3 slots gpus?

If it wasn´t for the backplate of the 7970 the soundcard would short circuit the pcb!

It would look better though without the soundcard but I like the audio quality!