Best Air Cooling Solution

fallingpizza11

NZXT HAVIK-140 (If you case can fit it)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835146011

That is all

FX-6300 @ 4.1 MHz; Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo; XFX Radeon 7870 Core Edition; Arock 970 Extreme 3; Corsair CX600; Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3 @1600MHz; Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Zalman Z9 Case

Asus U43F-BBA7; i5-460M @ 2.53GHz; Crucial 8GB(2x4GB) @1333MHz; Intel 520 120GB SSD

price/performance wise i would say the Arctic Cooling i30

purely on performance NH-D14

Ultimately comes down to what you want i guess :)

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

It's pretty much between the Noctua NH-D14 and the Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme. Both are remarkable, and I'd be extremely interested in knowing which performs better when pushed to the limits.

as many guys said, the Noctua NH-D14 seems to be the best choise

+1 on the NH-D14

I usually hit around 30C idle and 54C under max load at 4.4GHz on an i7 2600k.

I don't know if I am allowed to mention his name but, Tiny Tom Logan tested the nh d14 and the havik 140 and found that there was a 0.5 degree difference at the highest overclock, the havik at the higher temp. The nh-d14 is a little bit better performing, but the havik is cheaper, looks better(my opinion), and is smaller. But I guess it is just depends on a persons priorities

I just blow on it.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

I love my Phanteks ph-tc14pe. It's a big bastard, but the blue looks nice in my rig.

Intel core i7 3770k, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz RAM, Samsung 830 128GB Boot Drive, 2TB Western Digital Caviar Black Data Drive, Asus GTX 560 :-(, Corsair HX750 PSU, Thermaltake Chaser MK-1

The cooler i want to move to that has clearance for any ram you pretty much want and is quiet and cools like the NH-D14 is the Zlaman CNPS 9900 Max, it would look especially nice with a windowed Side panel and the LED that's built into the fan.

Intel Core I5 3570K @ 4.2Ghz w/ Hyper 212 EVO Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H 8GB Patriot Viper 3 1600Mhz CL9 Gigabyte Windforce 3X 7950 @ 1100/1550 Samsung 830 128GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB Fractal Design ​Define R4 Seasonic M12II 750Watt

Proud owner of the NH-D14 and it's one of the top 2 best performing air coolers.

Im sorry but i cant tell you what the best air cooling solution is but i can tell you that i use the Noctua NH-D14 and it´s a beast!

Phanteks PH-tc14pe is my choice. Amazing cooling and it looks the part with a colour scheme to match most builds.

Why are you using links from newegg? I don't think it's a good idea.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

The NH-D14 it hilariously good. I think if Noctua put their heads to it and attempted to beat their own creation, they could blow EVERYONE'S pants off.

Anything that is noctua and try to keep the amount of fans down in your pc , least amount of fans the least amount of noise

Anything that is noctua and try to keep the amount of fans down in your pc ' date=' least amount of fans the least amount of noise[/quote']

Adding on: If you want fans, go with Noctua fans. They are virtually inaudible.

I don't know if I am allowed to mention his name but, Tiny Tom Logan tested the nh d14 and the havik 140 and found that there was a 0.5 degree difference at the highest overclock, the havik at the higher temp. The nh-d14 is a little bit better performing, but the havik is cheaper, looks better(my opinion), and is smaller. But I guess it is just depends on a persons priorities
1. He measured the delta temps

2.It was in the same case(closed) for all the tests.

3.Your first is not really relevent, as most people will not change the fans on their coolers, and that the fact that it performs almost as well as the nh-d14 with half the cooling towers makes it more efficient at dissipating heat. But you can your own opinions on what you want to buy

Just my idea if your going with a noctua air cooling option that is 75$ why not just go with a corsair h80 for a little more or an h50 for less?

Good air cooling solutions perform better than the H80i while costing less. My favorite is the Silver arrow SB-E extreme by Thermalright. Its heatsink looks stunning, it performs very well and is very quiet at idle. You should also check out the Dark rock pro 2 by Be Quiet.

I have the D14, and im pretty satisfied, i can OC my fx8320 on 5.2ghz and in full load it woudnt go above 60°C