Cant download file because of this error "Your computer is doing too many things right now. Try again later."

Gauzl
Go to solution Solved by Opeth747,

www.GOG.com

According to this someone had the same problem and the issue was they were using Chrome. Are you using Chrome? Maybe try a different browser?

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/cant_download_shadowrun_df_dc

I just upgraded my PC to windows 10 and upgrade to the latest CPU and DDR4 RAM and did a 100% fresh install when i installed windows 10.

I purchased an old game called empire earth 2 off a ebay seller and the way it works is he sends me a activation key for the product which I download off a legitimate service and every time I try to download it I get the error displayed in the topic title, I will literally have nothing running in the back ground and I've gotten this error 3 times now.

Can anyone tell me what the hells going on?

I'm using chrome by the way. 

What's this "legitimate service" xD

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Get a refund?

Reasoning? I'd like to think there is something wrong on my end before I go there.

According to this someone had the same problem and the issue was they were using Chrome. Are you using Chrome? Maybe try a different browser?

The user that started the thread stated at the end that the problem fixed itself.

The user that started the thread stated at the end that the problem fixed itself.

I would still try to see if that fixes the issue.

I would still try to see if that fixes the issue.

I'm on very limited data at the moment, but I'l put a post on the GOG forum which I didnt even realise there was one until now.

• 7 months later...

I had the exact same issue when trying to download mySQL server, it would download to the end and then this error would show up. I tried to switch from Chrome to Firefox, but same issue.

I am just posting in case anyone runs into this issue: for me it seems to have been due to the antivirus (I have Avast). I deactivated it temporarily, and when I tried again it downloaded successfully. If you trust the source of the file, you can try disabling the antivirus for the download.

Hope this helps.