Best mobo for AMD FX 8320?

Hyperthreading doesn't make it magically a 4 core though. It does help but it's still not a 4 cored CPU. FX-8320 is a CPU that has 8 cores put in 4 modules that share memory controller as well as cache memory with 2 cores per module.

FX-8320 will shine especially when playing AAA titles compared to the i3, these games use all 8 threads, The Witcher 3, Battlefield 4, GTA V, Dragon Age Inquisiton etc etc.

It will lose to the i3 in MMORPGs (especially older ones) and some usually older games. Depending on what he's going play he should choose what he finds most useful.

Unless he can afford the i5-4460 and a decent motherboard.

Again-you have no clue. AMD's FX series have modules, with 2 ALU-not cores- per module (cores are the collective whole that make up an individual Central Processing Unit-not part of it such as the ALU). And you literally just listed the only games an FX 8320 will run well (apart from Battlefield Hardline). And I differentiate cores from threads quite clearly ("dual core with hyperthreading"). And as I mentioned before, that i3 4370 is only 30% slower than an i5 4440 in multithreaded tasks and is a lot fast single threaded due to its 700MHz advantage.

And another thing. FX 8320 = years old and lacking features that Haswell has (alongside its poor performance).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Again-you have no clue. AMD's FX series have modules, with 2 ALU-not cores- per module (cores are the collective whole that make up an individual Central Processing Unit-not part of it such as the ALU). And you literally just listed the only games an FX 8320 will run well (apart from Battlefield Hardline). And I differentiate cores from threads quite clearly ("dual core with hyperthreading"). And as I mentioned before, that i3 4370 is only 30% slower than an i5 4440 in multithreaded tasks and is a lot fast single threaded due to its 700MHz advantage.

And another thing. FX 8320 = years old and lacking features that Haswell has (alongside its poor performance).

Also AC Unity, Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor, Batman Arkham Knight, Tomb Raider, The Witcher 2, Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 and all of the call of duties.

These are top AAA games that came out in recent times. You have no idea about how this CPU performs in the real world dude.

This is the full answer about the 8 'cores' the AMD Bulldozer architecture fatures. I won't be getting into this again, I'm telling you in top tier games the FX series performs very good, also for some non-gaming purposes it's definitely better than the i3 and even some i5s.

ri1wX8J.png

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Also AC Unity, Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor, Batman Arkham Knight, Tomb Raider, The Witcher 2, Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 and all of the call of duties-just lol, Batman Arkham Knight was broken on launch and still is, your trying to tell me that an FX **** will play all of the COD games just fine? Lol, AC Unity-another game that has a lot of problems. and you also forgot the disclaimer "at 4K".

These are top AAA games that came out in recent times. You have no idea about how this CPU performs in the real world dude-I do after helping a friend upgrade from his Phenom II X4 to an FX 8350 (upgrade in the losest sense of the word-no matter what the computer was never as responsive as it was with the old CPU, also, just look around, there is plenty of evidence demonstrating how bad the entire line is, even AMD won't use them when demonstrating a GPU)

This is the full answer about the 8 'cores'-ALU which are part of an actual CPU core will never count as cores themselves- the AMD Bulldozer architecture fatures. I won't be getting into this again, I'm telling you in top tier games the FX series performs very good as long as they can utilise all threads-which is very rarely the case, also for some non-gaming purposes it's definitely better than the i3 and even some i5s-that I already know, however for gaming there is no contest, the entire series is bad for it, always has been and with the first DX 12 game benchmarks, always will be.

ri1wX8J.png

I've been over this with you time and again and what's in red is the corrections (also, don't rely in Wikipedia).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I've been over this with you time and again and what's in red is the corrections (also, don't rely in Wikipedia).

I have all Call of Duty games including the Black Ops 3 Beta. I can run all of them on ultra without any issues on 60+ FPS on a 1920x1200 resolution.

Yes the Arkham Knight is bugged and poorly optimized, can manage 30FPS (it's locked at 30) though easily most of the time. AC Unity runs fine on a mix of high and ultra settings at around 60 FPS as well

I'm recording short gameplays of my games to show you how they run with an FX, got black ops 3 and TW3 already

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White