8000m gpus appear in notebooks now

SubTract

I found a dell notebook with a 8730 you at work today with no embargo notice. I was under the impression they weren't due until Q2. I'll post a pic when I get home it won't let me upload from my phone. Has anybody seen anymore 8000 series cards around?

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

Here is the Picture

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n3087[/ATTACH]

post-2770-13667861635771_thumb.jpg

post-2770-13667861635771_thumb.jpg

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 

that's basically an 7730, the oem 8xxxm are rebranded 7000 series.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

It doesn't Appear so from the little info I can find.

Hopefully it means we see some more soon. It may only be notebook chips but its still a plus.

Spoiler

I find It hard to believe this. How reliable is the Japanese source 4gamer.net?

The article actually says "AMD's product manager for desktop graphics products Devon Nekechuk, in an interview with Japanese publication 4Gamer.net, revealed that his firm won't be launching any new Radeon GPUs in 2013" and then the Title says "No new GPUs from AMD for the bulk of 2013".

Which I don't know about you but not being launched at all and not being launched for the bulk of the year are 2 very different things.

The article also doesn't say that they're going to rename their cards to 8000 series cards. It says they're not going to be released at all (Or in the titles case "For the bulk of the year"). Which is already wrong.

These stories are extremely flawed. I will be interested to see what happens over the next couple of months.

Spoiler

The article actually says "AMD's product manager for desktop graphics products Devon Nekechuk, in an interview with Japanese publication 4Gamer.net, revealed that his firm won't be launching any new Radeon GPUs in 2013" and then the Title says "No new GPUs from AMD for the bulk of 2013".

Which I don't know about you but not being launched at all and not being launched for the bulk of the year are 2 very different things.

The article also doesn't say that they're going to rename their cards to 8000 series cards. It says they're not going to be released at all (Or in the titles case "For the bulk of the year"). Which is already wrong.

These stories are extremely flawed. I will be interested to see what happens over the next couple of months.

They will be launched in Q4 already confirmed by AMD via twitter.

Yeah I just saw that. Saying that they will be released late this year not saying that they're re-branding 7000 to 8000.

All this is making me excited to see what they have up their sleeves :)

Spoiler