Can you use an non reference graphics card with a water block

Whenever I watch someone build a pc with a custom water loop they always use a reference graphics card I know companies like sapphire and evga buy the chip and make their own PCBs I can find a reference video card let alone one at a decent price. I was also wondering if there is a website that sells video cards with the water block instead of a air cooler. 

If it has the reference PCB design then yes, there are compatibility lists for water blocks you should check before buying one.

Zotac do their air+water cooled cards

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

EVGA sales GPU's with the water block already installed or you can buy their after market cooler card. Then you can switch it out with a water block later if you want.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Whenever I watch someone build a pc with a custom water loop they always use a reference graphics card I know companies like sapphire and evga buy the chip and make their own PCBs I can find a reference video card let alone one at a decent price. I was also wondering if there is a website that sells video cards with the water block instead of a air cooler. 

evga and zotac have some cards that come with water blocks stock, not sure about any others.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

If it has the reference PCB design then yes, there are compatibility lists for water blocks you should check before buying one.

Zotac do their air+water cooled cards

How would you know if it uses the reference PCB?

How would you know if it uses the reference PCB?

Check the manufacturers website

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

EK waterblocks and I believe also Switfttech produce graphics card waterblocks for a large range of custom PCB's from companies like Gigabyte, EVGA and Asus.

The main reason people use reference cards when watercooling is because they don't carry the price premium that non-reference designs do as you are also buying a different cooler (Twin Frozer, ACX 2.0, Wind force to name a few) and as you are taking the air cooling unit off anyway to replace with a waterblock it does not matter.

So yeah, depending on how wide the range of stock is at your local store you can buy waterblocks for non reference cards but there arn't many graphics cards that come with pre installed waterblocks. Hope that helps at all  :)

EDIT: EK lists the compatibility for every waterblock they have. Here is a link to the one for the reference GTX 980 waterblock for example: http://configurator.ekwb.com/waterblock/3831109869239#DB_inline?height=260&width=530&inline_id=comp_table