Help with windows 10

Sup guys.    :)

First, sorry for my terrible english.

so, i have some questions regarding Windows 10.

I recently armed a new pc, i tried to use an old original copy of windows 7, sadly, is an OEM copy.

Recently i found a website (its a safe website, a latinamerican version of amazon, don't know about the vendor, but he seems trustable) selling a copy of windows 10 pro for only 54 bucks (im from Mexico, thats just an estimation using the current currency of the price in pesos of that copy of w10 in my country), and the way they describe this copy, make it sound like an OEM version too.

So, i wanted to know, if is safe to buy windows 10 copies like these, and if it is, if it would be easier to just buy an online copy of windows 7 pro and upgrade (because as far as i know, the free upgrade only lasts for 1 year, like a free trial, and then you have to pay for windows 10)

Also, i tend to do fresh installs every 6 months, would this be a problem?

thanks   :D 

https://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap/

You get windows 10 for free for life if you upgrade it in 1 year from the release.

Spoiler

CPU: i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus X99 Strix  Graphics Card: Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 24GB (3x 8GB) Hard Drive: 1TB WD Green SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 250GB CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W Case: Corsair 400c Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Asus Strix (mx reds)  Monitor: BenQ XL2730Z 1440p@144hz OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Laptops: Lenovo Y50-70: i7-4720HQ - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - GTX 960m 4GB - MacBook Pro (Early 2016) 2,0GHz i5 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD Phone: iPhone 7+

you could buy a windows 7 license on G2A for less

and no the upgrade doesnt work like that

its as long as you upgrade before summer 2016 you will get windows 10 for free forever

but after summer 2016 the offer expires and you wont be able to upgrade

If you take advantage of the Windows 7/8 upgrade system, I'm not sure about fresh installs after that year is up...!  But if you DON'T have to pay after a year, assuming you don't change hardware or (maybe) do fresh installs.

OEM versions of windows are not to be ruled out.  Usually they have tighter restrictions than the retail edition but are much cheaper.  For example, I bought Windows 7 Home (OEM) for £67.95 when I built my PC.  It is exactly the same as the retail edition except that if I change my motherboard I will have to buy another license.  However, some people have actually reported that they have managed to transfer their OEM license to a new motherboard by using the (automated) telephone activation system... but don't count on it!

If you take advantage of the Windows 7/8 upgrade system, I'm not sure about fresh installs after that year is up...!  But if you DON'T have to pay after a year, assuming you don't change hardware or (maybe) do fresh installs.

OEM versions of windows are not to be ruled out.  Usually they have tighter restrictions than the retail edition but are much cheaper.  For example, I bought Windows 7 Home (OEM) for £67.95 when I built my PC.  It is exactly the same as the retail edition except that if I change my motherboard I will have to buy another license.  However, some people have actually reported that they have managed to transfer their OEM license to a new motherboard by using the (automated) telephone activation system... but don't count on it!

would i have problems with an OEM version of windows 7 pro if i want to do fresh installs?? 

Also, can you link me to that seller plis?  :D

would i have problems with an OEM version of windows 7 pro if i want to do fresh installs?? 

Also, can you link me to that seller plis?  :D

You can do fresh installs of windows 7 with the OEM license with no problem.

HOWEVER!! If you buy a new motherboard you might have problems.

I bought it from ebuyer as I could not find a single review on the website saying it is a scam/ripoff/used product like many of the Amazon ones.  But this is a UK website so you should find one for Mexico.  I advise finding a website where there are quite a lot of reviews (20+ ) and not a single one of them say the product key didn't work.  (if there are tonnes of reviews obviously someone will have a problem so take that in to account)

( home | pro )

At this point I should put in a word for "software swap" websites, such as those you can find on reddit.  I have never used these and never will.  I believe you are getting pirated software, and the only difference from pirating it yourself is that you pay someone else to pirate it for you...  I do not believe in piracy.

If you don't mind pirating Windows, Reddit can help you. Well, I can, too, but not on the forums. reddit.com/r/piracy

If you don't want that, just get a Windows 7/8 key from trading or the like.

Spoiler

PRE-BUILT DESKTOP | CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHz | RAM: 4GB DDR2 @ 800MHz (2GBX2) | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 w/ 2GB VRAM | HDDs: 3.5" Samsung HD501LJ ATA 500GB 7200rpm & 3.5" Samsung 502IJ ATA 500GB 7200rpm | PSU: MODECOM Feel III-500Watt ATX | Displays: Samsung SyncMaster T22B350 (1920x1080) & LG Flatron W2234S (1680x1050) | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit & Ubuntu Linux 14.04 LTS | Peripherals: Logitech M90 gray mice & Acme KM10 keyboard | Sound: HDMI 2.0

DELL INSPIRON 15 7000 SERIES (7537) LAPTOP | CPU: Intel i7-4510U @ 2GHz | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz (4GBX2) | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M w/ 2GB VRAM | SSHD: 2.5" 1TB + 8GB Flash | Display: 15.6" 1920x1080 IPS w/ Multi-Touch | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | Peripherals: Logitech M100 white mice | Sound:  Logitech Z130 2.0

OTHER DEVICES | Phone: Samsung Galaxy Alpha 32GB