Problem with a R9 390 while playing high demanding games

iM8Pizza

the title says the main topic, for example...when I got chased by the police in GTA V. I just got a sudden FPS drop..for a minute or more (or less)...especially when the helicopter starts chasing as well, especially when I'm shooting at it (most of the times)..and It crashes sometimes, and so does War Thunder...the Graphic just went to kind of a "safe-mode" feature in WT, it degrades the overall graphic and well.... it "came up" back again, not an issue right? well actually, before it degrade, the screen would freeze for a while, not that's an issue. aaaaaand.... I upgrade from a GTX 750 and I previously doesn't have any problem like those^ when I was still using a GTX 750. so, Is it a motherboard problem? (it's an Asus B75M-A), or is it the Monitor? perhaps it's the CPU? (Intel Core i5 3330k), or perhaps the HDD is dying?(Caviar Blue 1tb), or perhaps.....? I don't know... I need help... (and if you are asking about whether I have enough power to power it up or not, well I got a Thermaltake 750W Gold)

What temps are you getting under load for your gpu? and does the gpu clock speed drop down when you get these fps drops?

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Driver reinstall..would be what I'd do first...

Uninstall old ones, reinstall newer/existing ones.

BTW - GTA5 loves CPU's. I would not be surprised if this one game at last, was maxing your CPU.

Google "How to reduce CPU usage in GTA5"

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

^ This. I was using fx 6300 overclocked to 4.7ghz and the drop is there too when i was using gtx 970.

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3