premium headphones for use with youtube?

mioxx
Go to solution Solved by iShad,

Thanks for that  :) Could you articulate how much "performance" i may be getting out of the AKG 701s when using youtube? So say flac files or other lossless formats would be talking 100% advantage of the headphones' audio, how much, just roughly so that i have somewhat of an idea, would youtube be using? Of course this has no real bearing on reality, it is just to articulate it in a rough way so that i can comprehend youtube's audio quality slightly better if you know what i mean. Just a rough estimation. Thanks 

That's something you can try with your current audio equipment, just download a flac file and compare it with 320kbps/256kbps/192kbps files and so on and see what you can detect. Personally the difference is minimal, and I am using a pair of Th-900 plugged into hp-a8 dac/amp so it's not like my gears aren't capable enough to produce the details. I do primarily use flac or dsd since space is cheap. Now I don't know why you're limited to youtube and spotify free, but just know that you're not missing out on much as people like to claim.

I don't think android has an app yet, so I wouldn't know :P

pretty sure it does, as i have a moto x and the vessel app on it :)

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

pretty sure it does, as i have a moto x and the vessel app on it :)

I haven't checked in about two months :P

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)