What is the highest quality thermal paste?

i have seen a lot of sources saying that a good thermal paste can make a world of difference in cooling, but what is the top of the line in today's market?

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.8Ghz, MoBoROG Maximus VI Formula, Graphics Cards: Dual MSI 4GB@8.5GHz Nvidia GTX 770@1.3GHz , Memory16GB Kingston HyperX @2.4Ghz Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, Storage: RAID 0: Seagate Barracuta x2 4TB, PSU: Corsair GS 800, Cooler: Corsair H100i, Case: Antec P280 Peripherals: Triple ASUS VH238H 1080p monitors (5760x1080p), Razer Mamba, Razer Black Widow Ultimate, Razer Orbweaver, Steelseries H Wireless
Laptop: ASUS G750JW: CPUQuad-Core i7 4th Gen @3.4Ghz, Memory12GB memory, Storage: 1.5TB Hard Drive (1TB + 500GB), GPU: GTX 765m 2GB-GDDR5

On die? CLU.

On IHS? Does not matter anymore lol. Why does everyone think there's thermal pastes that are loads better than others? :P 

To be honest, the highest grade thermal paste compared to a lower end thermal paste is only about 4 degrees difference. However, the stability of some vary, IC Diamond is a great thermal paste.  

On die? CLU.

On IHS? Does not matter anymore lol. Why does everyone think there's thermal pastes that are loads better than others? :P

Because cheap thermal paste over time can harden, crack and become less effective. Quality doesn't just lower the temps slightly it will allow consistent temperatures over a long period of time. Ever wondered why a stock cooler temps after a year or so can become higher? 

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

To be honest, the highest grade thermal paste compared to a lower end thermal paste is only about 4 degrees difference. However, the stability of some vary, IC Diamond is a great thermal paste.  

huh, if i remember, linus made a vid showcasing the differences and the difference between the lowest quality and the highest was ~15C so i was curious

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.8Ghz, MoBoROG Maximus VI Formula, Graphics Cards: Dual MSI 4GB@8.5GHz Nvidia GTX 770@1.3GHz , Memory16GB Kingston HyperX @2.4Ghz Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, Storage: RAID 0: Seagate Barracuta x2 4TB, PSU: Corsair GS 800, Cooler: Corsair H100i, Case: Antec P280 Peripherals: Triple ASUS VH238H 1080p monitors (5760x1080p), Razer Mamba, Razer Black Widow Ultimate, Razer Orbweaver, Steelseries H Wireless
Laptop: ASUS G750JW: CPUQuad-Core i7 4th Gen @3.4Ghz, Memory12GB memory, Storage: 1.5TB Hard Drive (1TB + 500GB), GPU: GTX 765m 2GB-GDDR5

Because cheap thermal paste over time can harden, crack and become less effective. Quality doesn't just lower the temps slightly it will allow consistent temperatures over a long period of time. Ever wondered why a stock cooler temps after a year or so can become higher? 

Within the top 5-10 thermal pastes they all degrade very slowly.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

huh, if i remember, linus made a vid showcasing the differences and the difference between the lowest quality and the highest was ~15C so i was curious

Yeah, "Highest" and "Lowest" I said "lower". :P

Cpu: Intel core i5 4570 gpu: gtx 770 case: cm storm enforcer psu: xfx pro 550w motherboard: asus b85m-g ssd: samsung 120gb hdd: wd caviar blue 1tb ram: kingston hyperx blu 8gb 1600mhz mouse: razer deathadder monitor: some decent samsung 19" keyboard: CM Storm TK Blue

Well.. Yeah, I totally agree.

Not to be that guy.. MX-4 is cheap and said to last for 5+ years. 

What I meant to say is that the temperature difference between pastes is very small.

yeah, that's exactly what i mean, i just thought that video was outdated

yeah, that's exactly what i mean, i just thought that video was outdated

What do you mean outdated? it is uploaded 5 days ago.

Cpu: Intel core i5 4570 gpu: gtx 770 case: cm storm enforcer psu: xfx pro 550w motherboard: asus b85m-g ssd: samsung 120gb hdd: wd caviar blue 1tb ram: kingston hyperx blu 8gb 1600mhz mouse: razer deathadder monitor: some decent samsung 19" keyboard: CM Storm TK Blue

What do you mean outdated? it is uploaded 5 days ago.

oh....erm... huh... i must have misread the date. thanks.

I love MX-4 it's great value and the best performing thermal paste I've used so far.