I dont know what to choose for Solidworks projects and 1080p gaming

SmudgyWaffle

My mind is split in two decisions, either the r9 290 or the GTX 970, i know about the big difference that exists in the Vram and i don't know which one would be better for me 

My mind is split in two decisions, either the r9 290 or the GTX 970, i know about the big difference that exists in the Vram and i don't know which one would be better for me 

Welcome to the Forums!

For doing solidworks based stuff especially if your rendering they are CPU based and not GPU based unfortunately, but in terms of gaming the 970 would be slightly better in terms of performance but cost more than the r9 290

Welcome to the Forums!

For doing solidworks based stuff especially if your rendering they are CPU based and not GPU based unfortunately, but in terms of gaming the 970 would be slightly better in terms of performance but cost more than the r9 290

Since its more CPU intensive that it is in terms of GPU then is a Xeon E3-1231 good? im not an overclocker and i dont need integrated graphics 

Since its more CPU intensive that it is in terms of GPU then is a Xeon E3-1231 good? im not an overclocker and i dont need integrated graphics 

If you like to have a locked chip yes that would be a good chip for rendering on solidworks.