Help on 980ti SC fan curve

Hello. 

Im runnning two 980ti sc ACX+ on SLI.

I just learned about fan curves so i tweaked mine a little bit cause the top card was getting to 85C really fast(My case has pretty good airflow but my room is really hot)

So i have two questions:

1- Should i open my case and put a normal floor vent to blow air on the SLI?

2- This is the main question, Can the fan curve damage my boards? I didin´t put too high cause i was afraid it would damage it. Its set on 40C = 20% | 50C=40% | 60C=50% | 70C+ = 70%.

Regardless of the answer, if you have any better idea for the curve let me know.

Thanks in advance everyone

Make it at 80 to reach a higher fan speed like 80, but 85 degreess isnt that bad.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Hello. 

Im runnning two 980ti sc ACX+ on SLI.

I just learned about fan curves so i tweaked mine a little bit cause the top card was getting to 85C really fast(My case has pretty good airflow but my room is really hot)

So i have two questions:

1- Should i open my case and put a normal floor vent to blow air on the SLI?

2- This is the main question, Can the fan curve damage my boards? I didin´t put too high cause i was afraid it would damage it. Its set on 40C = 20% | 50C=40% | 60C=50% | 70C+ = 70%.

Regardless of the answer, if you have any better idea for the curve let me know.

Thanks in advance everyone

How much space is between the cards? Shouldn't need to unless they are being choked.

No, a fan curve will not damage a gpu. You could run it at 100% every time you play games and it wouldn't make a difference apart from noise and lower temps.

How much space is between the cards? Shouldn't need to unless they are being choked.

No, a fan curve will not damage a gpu. You could run it at 100% every time you play games and it wouldn't make a difference apart from noise and lower temps.

Its really close to each other.

http://content.hwigroup.net/images/products_xl/285519/asus-sabertooth-x99.jpg

This is my Mobo. The farther one is x8 i think and its impossible to fit in there with the chasis cables connected too.

Any ideas?

What case? And how is the airflow set up in the case.

Aerocool X Strike ST.

Front 200mm intake,bottom 200mm exaust, 2x 140mm blowing on the SLI. Top H110i with 2x140mm as Exaust. Rear is 140mm as exaust. And none on side panel yet.

FWI, the 200mm ones i sense are really crappy. Can hardly feel the blow putting my hand near.

I thought about what you said and i used the more distant pci-e slot.

It went down to 68C max on load !

Amazing.

The problem is im afraid it will get hot and maybe burn one of the cables going in the MOBO.

Can you can see it in the picture, the plugs are really really close to the 3rd pci-e slot, actually i think the board is pushing down on them.

I removed everyone except the H110i thats on the USB slot,which i really dont want the wire to get burned. Think that´s an issue?

And another thing, should i lower the fan curve or is 70% RPM while damage not going to damage the fans?

Thx so much for your patience.

I thought about what you said and i used the more distant pci-e slot.

It went down to 68C max on load !

Amazing.

The problem is im afraid it will get hot and maybe burn one of the cables going in the MOBO.

Can you can see it in the picture, the plugs are really really close to the 3rd pci-e slot, actually i think the board is pushing down on them.

I removed everyone except the H110i thats on the USB slot,which i really dont want the wire to get burned. Think that´s an issue?

And another thing, should i lower the fan curve or is 70% RPM while damage not going to damage the fans?

Thx so much for your patience.

70% won't damage the fans. I don't think it will get hot enough to damage the wires either. How loud is 70% to you?

Unheareable cause of headphones. Without it doesnt really bother me.