144Hz Gaming PC, X99

Because two 980Ti can easily fit in a 2500$ build. Best part is that his budget doesn't include peripherals which are another 1000$ (800$ for the Acer XB270HU)

What's wrong with a 6700K which has hyperthreading for workstation-loads? Are we limited to only hexa-cores now for everything?

The 5820K is a stronger cpu for the same sort of price. The boards might be slightly more expensive, but if the op has the budget then X99 is better.

The 5820K is a stronger cpu for the same sort of price. The boards might be slightly more expensive, but if the op has the budget then X99 is bette

No it's not. Not a single game is optimized for 6 cores. The 6700K can reach 4.8-5.0Ghz easily, while if you get 4.5Ghz on a 5820K you are lucky.

Well atleast, something like this then?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  ($394.98 @ Newegg)

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($109.99 @ Amazon)

Motherboard: MSI X99S SLI Plus ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($195.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($112.49 @ Newegg)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($179.99 @ Newegg)

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($678.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($678.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Case: Corsair Air 540 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($133.00 @ Directron)

Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($117.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $2572.41

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-21 16:54 EDT-0400

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

If you can push your budget this is as good as you can get http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BjMjxr  but if you can't then your list looks very nice.

Damn dude, this guy isn't Linus who needs to make a few videos ervery day... he just need to do some stuff once in a while... some people really like to circlejerk...

It's not like all quad cores are shit now for workstations.

I have both a 980Ti and a Acer XB270HU which OP wants, and I really need a second 980Ti to be able to take full advantage of 1440P 144hz, now I'm playing most games at 60FPS or below :(

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

You are looking at 2% - 3% difference.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18685403

Those are synthetic benchmark's that means nothing for real world work or gaming. I've seen the i5 4690k destroy the i5 4460 in a few benchmarks but in the real world depending on the application there's very little difference. I have also seen the GTX 970 beat the R9 390 in synthetic benchmark's but in real world gaming the 390 beats the 970 every time. As far as i'm concerned synthetic benchmark's are useless except for testing your worst case scenario thermal and stability limits .

Damn dude, this guy isn't Linus who needs to make a few videos ervery day... he just need to do some stuff once in a while... some people really like to circlejerk...

I have both a 980Ti and a Acer XB270HU which OP wants, and I really need a second 980Ti to be able to take full advantage of 1440P 144hz, now I'm playing most games at 60FPS or below :(

I never said quad core workstations were shit. I'm not forcing him to do it. I just want to show him all of the options and he is already spending a lot of money so only spending a couple of hundred dollars more for a CPU that is not only going smash through anything he throws at it but will last a lot longer is not such a crazy thing. A lot of people don't think they can afford the 5960X because all they see is $1000 processor and don't even try but if you re-work your parts list a little bit sometimes you can. I have shown many they can because once you hit the $2000 mark it becomes a realistic option. To me it would be no different if you were a new builder and you asked sombody what GPU should you get and they say 980 even though the 980ti came out and it turned out after you already purchased it that just by changing your motherboard to a cheaper but just as nice motherboard you could have fit the 980ti in your budget i'm sure you would be a bit disappointed.

Those are synthetic benchmark's that means nothing for real world work or gaming. I've seen the i5 4690k destroy the i5 4460 in a few benchmarks but in the real world depending on the application there's very little difference. I have also seen the GTX 970 beat the R9 390 in synthetic benchmark's but in real world gaming the 390 beats the 970 every time. As far as i'm concerned synthetic benchmark's are useless except for testing your worst case scenario thermal and stability limits .

Most games are gpu intensive so the difference is going to be pretty small. For anything cpu intensive I would take the 5820K over the 6700K for the extra cores/threads.

Also most people these days do more than gaming on a pc. With the price difference being relatively small it makes sense to go for the 6 core cpu.

I never said quad core workstations were shit. I'm not forcing him to do it. I just want to show him all of the options and he is already spending a lot of money so only spending a couple of hundred dollars more for a CPU that is not only going smash through anything he throws at it but will last a lot longer is not such a crazy thing. A lot of people don't think they can afford the 5960X because all they see is $1000 processor and don't even try but if you re-work your parts list a little bit sometimes you can. I have shown many they can because once you hit the $2000 mark it becomes a realistic option. To me it would be no different if you were a new builder and you asked sombody what GPU should you get and they say 980 even though the 980ti came out and it turned out after you already purchased it that just by changing your motherboard to a cheaper but just as nice motherboard you could have fit the 980ti in your budget i'm sure you would be a bit disappointed.

Yeah the 5960X isn't that bad, assuming people upgrade their i5's builds every 4 or 5 years, I think a 5960X can last you 7 to 10 years, if the motherboard doesnt' die.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Do you know the OP personally? I ask because it is apparent that you have completely ignored the OP's posts concerning system usage. Read the posts, do not rely on the title alone.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Do you know the OP personally? I ask because it is apparent that you have completely ignored the OP's posts concerning system usage. Read the posts, do not rely on the title alone.

Do you have a 980Ti and a 1440P 144hz monitor?

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

CPU that is not only going smash through anything he throws at it but will last a lot longer is not such a crazy thing.

300$ for 6 cores of 4.0-4.3GHz, looks really-really good for me.

I would like to spend extra 700-800$ better on second monitor, than on +2 cores and 300-500Mhz ;)

What about Scythe Cooling Motherboard SCKTT-1000? I think It's a good option for 5820, that is overclocked to 4-4.3. What do you think guys?

It looks like it will be more silent option than Kraken, and sufficient in the same time.

Well if you want silence and performance and don't want something as big and as expensive as a NH-D15 then I would say buy a hyper 212 evo and put two fans in push pull on it. I put fan's on a list and they are great silence and performance fan's. I also added a black and white 980 ti just in case you didn't know about it and you wanted your GPU to match your mobo..

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4Vzbgs

300$ for 6 cores of 4.0-4.3GHz, looks really-really good for me.

I would like to spend extra 700-800$ better on second monitor, than on +2 cores and 300-500Mhz ;)

What about Scythe Cooling Motherboard SCKTT-1000? I think It's a good option for 5820, that is overclocked to 4-4.3. What do you think guys?

It looks like it will be more silent option than Kraken, and sufficient in the same time.

The Scythe is not going to do nearly as good a job as the Kraken. I doubt it would be able to handle a 20%+ oc on a 140W TDP cpu.

Author of Silent PC Review: http://www.silentpcreview.com/article30-page1.html

He is using:

The test platform is a hot overclocked (and over volted) 130W TDP 1366 Intel core i7 running Prime95

Looks like Scythe, could be used as push-pull also. 

And taking temperatures intro account, Scythe is more effective than CoolerMaster Hyper 212.

So hard to pick efficient and silent cooling solution :)

Author of Silent PC Review: http://www.silentpcreview.com/article30-page1.html

He is using:

Looks like Scythe, could be used as push-pull also. 

And taking temperatures intro account, Scythe is more effective than CoolerMaster Hyper 212.

So hard to pick efficient and silent cooling solution :)

The i7-5820K has a higher TDP than the i7-965 used in the link for testing the heat sinks. If one simply wants a quiet cooler at stock speeds, the Kotetsu is a reasonable choice. But note the 4C temperature better performance of the X61.