I want to get a soundcard which one??

LimeDk

Hey i want to buy a soundcard too see if its really makes that much of a differents i would prefer a asus soundcard

I want to get a "cheap" soundcard for about 50-80 US-dollars.

I use my speakers most of the time but i want it to be good with both my speakers and headset

My Speakers are Logitech X-210 and my headset it Sennheiser Pc 350's my mortherboard is a Asus p6t

Hm.. I use my onboard ALC892 for my speakers, HDMI for my TV and my Xense for my headphones. You might want to try something like that since I doubt you'll want to use Y splitters or reach around to swap out cables all the time. Much faster to just change the Playback within Windows.

For your price range I found the Xonar DSX. I've never used it but it has ok reviews on Newegg. You can change the OP amps on it too, though I wouldn't bother.

What have you been looking at?

Hm.. I use my onboard ALC892 for my speakers, HDMI for my TV and my Xense for my headphones. You might want to try something like that since I doubt you'll want to use Y splitters or reach around to swap out cables all the time. Much faster to just change the Playback within Windows.

For your price range I found the Xonar DSX. I've never used it but it has ok reviews on Newegg. You can change the OP amps on it too, though I wouldn't bother.

What have you been looking at?

Screw that DSX, Just saw the DX, much better.

okay well i plug my speakers in the back and my headset into the front IO

i've been looking at all the asus soundcard DG, DGX, DSX, DX and D1 and soo on but im not sure which one would be the "best" card to get for my setup

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

okay well i plug my speakers in the back and my headset into the front IO i've been looking at all the asus soundcard DG' date=' DGX, DSX, DX and D1 and soo on but im not sure which one would be the "best" card to get for my setup[/quote']

When you'll get a dedicated sound card, don't use your case front ports

1- The wires are not shielded and long, it grabs crazy amount of interferences

2- Most cases assumes you don't have a dedicated sound card, so it doesn't care, so it attached the USB ground to the headphone jack. That means you'll hear interferences from the computers as the ground is common everywhere in your computer

3- Sound cards manufacture knows this, so they don't care about doing proper circuit for the frontal audio connector. Maybe the day when most enthusiast will get a dedicated sound card, so that there is a nice market where ASUS and Creative can actually be willing to invest money and compete, we might see better sound card, but for now, it's still niche.

So, basically the sound will have interference and static.

What I suggest is to use your speakers headphone plug. All descent computer speakers should have a headphone jack on them. Or you have a sound card like the Xonar STX, and you use can plug both the headphones and speaker on their dedicated plugs on sound card itself, and you can switch between the 2 from the Xonar control Panel.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

One thing I learned about dedicated sound card.

-> Colored connector = not much better than onboard.

Basically, it's a bit better than onBoard, but not much, what you mostly get is no static, no interference, nice clean sound. They are not worth it in my opinion, unless you are tight on budget and the interference and/or static of on board sound card drives your buts, or the sound is really awful.

okay well i plug my speakers in the back and my headset into the front IO i've been looking at all the asus soundcard DG' date=' DGX, DSX, DX and D1 and soo on but im not sure which one would be the "best" card to get for my setup[/quote']

When you'll get a dedicated sound card, don't use your case front ports

1- The wires are not shielded and long, it grabs crazy amount of interferences

2- Most cases assumes you don't have a dedicated sound card, so it doesn't care, so it attached the USB ground to the headphone jack. That means you'll hear interferences from the computers as the ground is common everywhere in your computer

3- Sound cards manufacture knows this, so they don't care about doing proper circuit for the frontal audio connector. Maybe the day when most enthusiast will get a dedicated sound card, so that there is a nice market where ASUS and Creative can actually be willing to invest money and compete, we might see better sound card, but for now, it's still niche.

So, basically the sound will have interference and static.

What I suggest is to use your speakers headphone plug. All descent computer speakers should have a headphone jack on them. Or you have a sound card like the Xonar STX, and you use can plug both the headphones and speaker on their dedicated plugs on sound card itself, and you can switch between the 2 from the Xonar control Panel.

yeah okay the was very helpfull and my speakers do have a 3.5jack to plug headphones in

i want to say thanks to all the people that helped me i will be getting the DX (=

I would get the Xonar DX, I got on myself which is driving a set of Corsair SP2500 and I love my setup.