Some Programs haven't internet connection.

Skiqper
Go to solution Solved by Skiqper,

O my god, so cheap...

just reinstalled my Network driver an all works fine.

Sorry for wasting your time.

But thank you so much anyway!
Special you JkB_SlH

Love this Community

Hey,

just build my new rig and installd Win10.
Now it seems like the internet don't arives on every piece of Software.

Chrome, IE and Origin works fine fore example.
But Microsoft Edge won't work at all and Steam locks in well but can't connect to the Shop Server.

Try to disable firewall already.
Dos anybody have an idea what cold work?

Big thanks

- Skipper

BOOM BOOM BOOM, i want you in my room, lets spend a night together, together in my room.

1) Try to disable the anti virus software.

2) I assume you can access the same webpage from chrome on the same pc while you can't on edge.

3) By saying FW disabled, are you talking about the windows firewall ?

CPU: i7-4790k || Mobo: MSI Gaming 5 Z97|| Ram: GSkill Ripjaws X 16GB (2x8GB) || GPU: Sapphire Tri-X r9 390x || Case: CoolerMaster cm storm scout 2 || Storage: samsung evo 850 500GB , WD Black 3TB , WD Green 2TB , WD 1TB external (backups/Media) , Seagate 1TB external (Backups) || PSU: Seasonic X-Series 750W 80+ GOLD || Displays: Samsung C24FG70 , Dell U2414H || Keyboard: Logitech G810 || Mouse: Logitech G502 proteus spectrum || Headset: Logitech G633

1) Don't even instal one jet.
2) Yes right, Google ore linustechtips.com for exaple.
3) Yes i am. The build in one in Router, can't even switched off, stupid as shit...

BOOM BOOM BOOM, i want you in my room, lets spend a night together, together in my room.

1) close edge

2) Try to run this command as an admin from cmd:

reg delete "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v AutoConfigURL /f

This should disable proxy in case you got one configured

3) open edge

4) Try to browse into google, if it doesn't work, tell me what do you see instead ? (Error 404 for example)

CPU: i7-4790k || Mobo: MSI Gaming 5 Z97|| Ram: GSkill Ripjaws X 16GB (2x8GB) || GPU: Sapphire Tri-X r9 390x || Case: CoolerMaster cm storm scout 2 || Storage: samsung evo 850 500GB , WD Black 3TB , WD Green 2TB , WD 1TB external (backups/Media) , Seagate 1TB external (Backups) || PSU: Seasonic X-Series 750W 80+ GOLD || Displays: Samsung C24FG70 , Dell U2414H || Keyboard: Logitech G810 || Mouse: Logitech G502 proteus spectrum || Headset: Logitech G633

the cmd box sad:
ERROR : The specified registry key or value could not be found.

Suddenly edge works once but take years to load.
But things like the Steam shop, GTA V Downloader and Battlefield 3 EA activation thingy all sad the Servers are Down or i got no internet connection.

I need to check the registry for win 10.

Do you know how to check system proxy?, usually you can set it inside the "Internet options" which take effect on all of the system, usually chrome got an option to ignore the global setting.

No Proxy set.

Windows Network Diagnostics says that the DNS server don't answers.

So i set it to google's 8.8.8.8, thought Chrome uses it anyway, that's why chrome works.

But in the end nothing has changed. Except that the diagnosis won't find an issue anymore.   :(

So, if you open your network adapter status ...

What does it say ?

What is your IP/DG and DNS1/DNS2 ?

Sorry for German, but so you may see everything.

6lf3h2qu.png

I dont think there is any problem with the DNS.

just tested to browse direkt to a IP, not to a Domain. Doesn't work either.

1) Run cmd as admin

Then try the following commands (a restart needed after that as this will reset network configuration) :

2) netsh int ip reset

3) netsh winsock reset

4) restart PC and try again

Edited by JkB_SlH

Now i can connect in edge to Google an Facebook, but slow as f**k.

Elsewhere nothing changes.

I started to think in ist an Timeout Error.

Alright the Steam Shop changed its error code from "no connection ore Server offline" to "Request Timeout".

Try to open google/Facebook from another device inside this network, laptop/phone/tablet

I assume that you have restarted the router as well, right ? If not, please do

Yes i restarted my router.

From an other device all works fine.

Even on the same PC via Internet explorer or Chrome there are no issues.

Do you have any port forwarding setup on your router, if so, disable them all and try again.

If the above won't help, try to put your PC on DMZ and try again.

I'm finding it hard to put the blame on edge, as you said that steam store doesn't work as well and you mentioned the EA BF4 activation issue, which I guess from origin, right ?

Find it hard to blame edge just like you.

Don't know what this EA activation thing is, never seen it before. Played BF already for years on my old rig.

Origin it self does well as always.

bvdp9rv6.png

Just Downloaded GOG Galaxy since Steam won't work properly, but GOG can't connect either.

No port forwarding setup

What is DMZ? Never heard of it.
So i read the Wiki but that don't get me any further. :D

No port forwarding setup

What is DMZ? Never heard of it.

So i read the Wiki but that don't get me any further. :D

It configures your particular PC as a DMZ (demilitarized zone) , it means that your particular PC will be exposed behind the router as a default route when reaching the outer port unless the port of the packet is listed in the NAT(Network Address Translation table) .

It is not safe, but it is great for testing in your case.

Hey,

just build my new rig and installd Win10.

Now it seems like the internet don't arives on every piece of Software.

Chrome, IE and Origin works fine fore example.

But Microsoft Edge won't work at all and Steam locks in well but can't connect to the Shop Server.

Try to disable firewall already.

Dos anybody have an idea what cold work?

Big thanks

- Skipper

$10 says its a 3rd party security software.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

He said that he disabled the windows FW and he dont have any AV installed

The only 1 problem I'm trying to overcome is the router's FW, which as per the thread owner, can't be disabled because of a faulty revision or something, well I can't argue with that...

O my god, so cheap...

just reinstalled my Network driver an all works fine.

Sorry for wasting your time.

But thank you so much anyway!
Special you JkB_SlH

Love this Community

Thanks for sharing the solution  :)