360 Controller on Windows 10

SeventyPointThree

Has anyone ran into any trouble with a 360 controller on windows 10.  I plugged it in but I think it has the wrong driver.  When I go into devices it says it has the most up to date driver.  

Dont need to use driver, it comes with the W10.

Spoiler

Main PC: CPU Xeon E3-1231 V3 - MB Asrock B85M Pro3 - RAM 16GB Kingston - GPU GTX 1070 Gainward Phoenix - PSU Corsair AX760i - Monitor  LG 22EA63 - Keyboard Corsair Strafe - Mouse Logitech G402 - Storage 2x3TB WD Green - 240GB OCZ SSD

Mine just won't work lol. Got the correct equipment and everything. :(

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Mine just won't work lol. Got the correct equipment and everything. :(

Here was everything ok, just plugged the receiver and worked perfect.

Spoiler

Main PC: CPU Xeon E3-1231 V3 - MB Asrock B85M Pro3 - RAM 16GB Kingston - GPU GTX 1070 Gainward Phoenix - PSU Corsair AX760i - Monitor  LG 22EA63 - Keyboard Corsair Strafe - Mouse Logitech G402 - Storage 2x3TB WD Green - 240GB OCZ SSD

Is it wired or wireless?

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

my wireless one works fine, i had to manually select the driver since its the cheapo chinese knockoff one but it works perfect with windows 10 and gta

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

my wireless one works fine, i had to manually select the driver since its the cheapo chinese knockoff one but it works perfect with windows 10 and gta

where did you get the driver

Can't speak for Xbox 360, but my Xbox One controller works fine.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I've been using my original wireless controller, the MS USB adapter and Win10 Pro. No issues here. I also have a USB Gamestop controller that works on Win10. Wired is on my desktop and wireless is on my laptop. Two separate systems.
Are you using a wireless controller and still need to sync with the adapter, perhaps?

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

I've been using my original wireless controller, the MS USB adapter and Win10 Pro. No issues here. I also have a USB Gamestop controller that works on Win10. Wired is on my desktop and wireless is on my laptop. Two separate systems.

Are you using a wireless controller and still need to sync with the adapter, perhaps?

I have a wireless controller plugged in via a wire adapter

Wireless

For me, I have a 3rd party receiver. I had to install the driver manually. Go to device manager, right click on the receiver, click "Update Driver Software," Select "Browse my computer for driver software," then "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer," let it load, scroll down to Microsoft on the left side, select it, then scroll down and select the latest "Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows." 

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

where did you get the driver

you dont download it ill give you instructions in a second ill make a quick vid to show you

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

and a car thread ! 

just rendering then ill upload it

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

Microsoft site only has windows 7 driver

here you go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRM_BY-rX-k hope it helps

edit: the cursor froze in the vid but you can still kinda see what i clicked

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

Thanks, gave it a shot.  It may be because I don't have the wireless adapter.  I figured the plug and charge kit would work.  

does it show up in the device menu ?

Spoiler

and a car thread !