Install Windows 10?

Flash7

I have a Razer Blade 14in 2014 running windows 8.1 and I'm perfectly happy with it. I installed windows 10 about 6 months ago on my old laptop, a T410. The windows 10 experience on that old laptop has been horrible, I've waited 6 months, hoping it would get better, but it still hasn't(That is, I installed the OS 6 months ago). My issues are:

I can never put it to sleep without the graphics driver crashing(And it doesn't get auto detected to restart)

Searching "Uninstall a program" in the start menu only offers options to search the web, and it is generally bad at finding programs.

When it does find a program to run from the start menu, you have to wait until its loaded. On 7 & 8, you can type notepad as fast as possible and press enter, and it will open.

I've had to start it up multiple times in safe mode to fix errors while booting, such as black screen with only the mouse when booted.

So my question was, is there any reason I should install Windows 10 on my Razer Blade? And also, if these issues persist on other window 10 machines.

I have a Razer Blade 14in 2014 running windows 8.1 and I'm perfectly happy with it. I installed windows 10 about 6 months ago on my old laptop, a T410. The windows 10 experience on that old laptop has been horrible, I've waited 6 months, hoping it would get better, but it still hasn't(That is, I installed the OS 6 months ago). My issues are:

I can never put it to sleep without the graphics driver crashing(And it doesn't get auto detected to restart)

Searching "Uninstall a program" in the start menu only offers options to search the web, and it is generally bad at finding programs.

When it does find a program to run from the start menu, you have to wait until its loaded. On 7 & 8, you can type notepad as fast as possible and press enter, and it will open.

I've had to start it up multiple times in safe mode to fix errors while booting, such as black screen with only the mouse when booted.

So my question was, is there any reason I should install Windows 10 on my Razer Blade? And also, if these issues persist on other window 10 machines.

So far on my main rig I have windows 10 installed. From what I have experienced, it is fairly stable and the only problem I have had is a game freezing (might be the game). You really shouldn't have any problems, so it is mostly personal preference.

Build: CPU: i7-4790k @4.4 GHz 1.2v | GPU: Sapphire R9 380 Nitro | Memory: 16GB Evga SSC | Storage: 250GB 850 Evo, 1 TB Toshiba HDD | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7  | Cooling: Aigo T120 RGB | Case: NZXT S340 | PSU: Antec HCG 520w | OS: Windows 10 | Keyboard: Corsair K70, Cherry MX Reds | Mouse: Logitech G600 | Monitor: LG 27UD58-B | Headset: Audio-Technica M40x w/ Modmic and Bravo Audio V2 Tube Amplifier 

6 months ago Windows 10 was still in technicial preview. it wasn't meant for those who expect the OS to be in perfect working condition. It's for those who want to help MS by providing feedback so the RTM will be a polished as possible. Windows 10 RTM release isn't even a month old.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Try to reinstall it. A fresh install of course. I have bugs on my lap top as well and I was on a late preview. My friend on the other hand instaled it now and doesn't have any of those bugs or problems.

Try it out, it may be because of the model of lap top but probably because it was a technical preview that was just updated. I guess it will work like a charm on a Razer blade because it's a great notebook. Good luck with that :)

As always, make a back up before you perform these types of upgrades so you can roll back in case anything happens.

If Windows Upgrade is saying you can upgrade to Windows 10, then you should be fine. They are slowly rolling out updates to hardware they are confident they are able to support and run Windows 10 without issues.  But since it's still early in the deployment, use your judgement call. I haven't upgraded mine to Windows 10 yet since I haven't been prompt. But I did upgrade my Surface Pro to it and it's been running solid so far.

:)

I am also running it on my work computer without any issues.

6 months ago Windows 10 was still in...

"Public alpha" stage, today is "beta"- normally working OS with almost no problems is expected to have someday next summer... 

English is not my maternal language, so don't mind my mistakes... 

"Public alpha" stage, today is "beta"- normally working OS with almost no problems is expected to have someday next summer... 

Win10 is at RTM not beta. If you are a windows insider then your OS will never be RTM as you will continue to receive new builds.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Win10 is at RTM not beta.

Reading is not enough- try to think & read. Win 10 today doesn't deserve even RC badge and is monthS away from RTM... 

English is not my maternal language, so don't mind my mistakes...