Another HP Laptop issue....

1823alex
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

No issues with running CHKDSK nothing bad detected, but I still have the same warning errors from HD Tune

Yeah, they just mean that your drive is slowing down because it's been used a lot and is only rated for a certain amount of hours/spins etc, so is beginning to wear out. It will probably get slower to read the data, and might become corrupt in the future, but for now it's simply not running at it's optimum working conditions.

I've had this laptop for about 3 years give or take, and the last 2 months my hp pavilion dv6-3225dx laptophas been bluescreening whenever I'm in the middle of something, keep in mind this only has an i3 processor and some 4gb factory ram everything is factory settings, but as I was saying the past 2 months of been getting lots of bluescreen errors, the laptop over heats when trying to run a game like Minecraft, and cooling pads don't help that much here is an image of one of my bluescreens:

LcKfCEL.jpg

any help is appreciated.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

I've been doing a little research but this is proving to be a hard one... Hopefully you will get some more help soon. I am curious about yhor issue with overheating though, especially as cooling pads do not make a difference. Have you cleaned out the cooling fan/ heatsink recently? Probably the easiest way to do this is with a can of compressed air. I don't know if overheating has anything to do with your bsod, however it isn't a good sign...

OnePlus 6T

Also, you said this is one of your bluescreens... Does this mean that others are different, or is it always the same one?

OnePlus 6T

According to one source, this bsod occurs when windows has difficulty reading from memory. This can mean a hdd or ram, pointing to a hardware issue with one of these. There a various pieces of software you can use to test ram... As for hard drives I'm not so sure, but a ram test is a start at least.

OnePlus 6T

As you've had a BSOD, please follow the instructions on this thread and upload the dump files so we can work out the issue. There is a lot more information on the dump file than can be found on the blue screen page.

Upload the dump files from C:\Windows\Minidump in a compressed archive (.zip etc) to the forum using the "Attach Files" button under the editor. This allows us to read the error messages and diagnose the problem effectively and quickly.

HTTP/2 203

I doubt it's the overheating because it only over heats when you play a game like minecraft

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

Also, you said this is one of your bluescreens... Does this mean that others are different, or is it always the same one?

I'm not sure that this would be the only bluescreen code but this is the only one that I've had time to take a picture with my camera.

I'm not sure that this would be the only bluescreen code but this is the only one that I've had time to take a picture with my camera.

Fair enough. Like colonel_mortis says, please upload the dump files so we can find out exactly what's happening. That way we can also see if there are other bsod s occurring at the same time

OnePlus 6T

*bump* can anyone help me with this?

3 years is a pretty long time, Your HDD may be wrapping up it's lifetime, try doing CHKDSK because your HDD may have some bad sectors.

"You are who you choose to be.....Choose"

See my Profile for my 

as well as CHKDSK, the link i sent you also suggests the windows Memory Diagnostics Tool to test the ram...

OnePlus 6T

Both dump files have the same cause, but neither of them are the same as the photo you took... All the errors are IRQL errors related to the windows kernel, which is the base of the OS. Could you do a RAM test using memtest86+ because it sounds like there's (at least) one byte (or even bit) on your RAM which is not functioning correctly.

HTTP/2 203

I haven't ran CHKDSK in a long long time how do I run it again....?

I haven't ran CHKDSK in a long long time how do I run it again....?

details are in this thead at the bottom of the first post

HTTP/2 203

Both dump files have the same cause, but neither of them are the same as the photo you took... All the errors are IRQL errors related to the windows kernel, which is the base of the OS. Could you do a RAM test using memtest86+ because it sounds like there's (at least) one byte (or even bit) on your RAM which is not functioning correctly.

But, I did run HDTune and got a reallocated sector count and reallocated event count and they are yellow with warning next to them:

HXKvcRz.png

So your hard disk is getting tired. That certainly shouldn't cause errors like that, but run disk check (see prev. post) to make sure. You may want to look into a new hard drive.

HTTP/2 203

No issues with running CHKDSK nothing bad detected, but I still have the same warning errors from HD Tune

Yeah, they just mean that your drive is slowing down because it's been used a lot and is only rated for a certain amount of hours/spins etc, so is beginning to wear out. It will probably get slower to read the data, and might become corrupt in the future, but for now it's simply not running at it's optimum working conditions.

HTTP/2 203

Oh, well thanks for the help Colonel.