Free Video Editor

roasted pinnaple

Hi i am looking to start out a youtube channel and i was wondering if theres any FREE video editing software that i can use

Things needed:

it needs to be able to cut video

it needs to be able to add sound

it needs to be able to add video (intro/outro)

I use windows movie maker... That can do everything that you need it to do, and it is free. It's pretty easy to use too. I would give it a go.

Define "free".

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Oh no not movie maker, it's the worst program to edit videos with. I used to edit with it and god was it bad. But its for free so yeah

Oh no not movie maker, it's the worst program to edit videos with. I used to edit with it and god was it bad. But its for free so yeah

this. ^^^

movie maker being so horridly pathetic and difficult to use is one of two reasons i dont have any content on my channel. 

(the other reason is with my laptop being the more powerful computer available to me, i can hardly play starbound. let alone edit render blah blah. )  

anyway, if you're using linux or have it available to you, you can get all sorts of good programs. 

if only OBS had a built in editor :/ 

i heard blender is also a video editor? never tried it. 

(heh, 2222 posts :P

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Davinci Resolve

Hitfilm 3 express

i myself am installign this now. gon' see if i like it. O.o 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

this. ^^^

movie maker being so horridly pathetic and difficult to use is one of two reasons i dont have any content on my channel. 

(the other reason is with my laptop being the more powerful computer available to me, i can hardly play starbound. let alone edit render blah blah. )  

anyway, if you're using linux or have it available to you, you can get all sorts of good programs. 

if only OBS had a built in editor :/ 

i heard blender is also a video editor? never tried it. 

(heh, 2222 posts :P

You could just save up for sony vegas home something for only £50. Its better than some free junk.

Lightworks

The free version is way too limited.

Lightworks?

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Premiere pro.... Just do it...

It's paid though, but it's got nice features.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

It's paid though, but it's got nice features.

yep.. definitely worth it.