windows no longer genuine?

Jack.EXE

I turned on my PC this morning to find a message saying my copy of windows is not genuine.

I've been using it for more than a year before this happened. and now it wants me to buy a new key!

what is going on?

first my keyboard stops and then this?

I thought that windows lasted forever? Where did you get your copy of windows

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Did you get a virus or run any programs that may change windows files?

Sarah Jessica Parker

I thought that windows lasted forever? Where did you get your copy of windows

newegg

Did you get a virus or run any programs that may change windows files?

ccleaner, nothing else. i was trying to fix my keyboard.

Do the activate over the phone option and call Microsoft.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

ccleaner, nothing else. i was trying to fix my keyboard.

Did you have to instll new drivers? It's possible that the drivers could have lead windows to believe the copy you installed is not authorized for your build.

Sarah Jessica Parker

you could try using wat remover 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Since you own a copy of Windows already just use one of the "bootleg" activation methods. Not only does Microsoft not care about people stealing Windows but you own a legitimate copy.

Either ring Microsoft and use there activation methods or/if that fails use one of the illegitimate activation methods as you already own a genuine copy then they don't care. 

So I spelt something wrong in my post... I don't care I don't read through what I write and I type very quickly.

Intel 3770k stock, MSI Z77A-GD65, MSI GTX 760, Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600Mhz 16Gb, Corsair RM 550W, Samsung 830 256Gb, some random hdds.

i might just do a re-install anyway.... no progress with the keyboard.

Just give microsoft a call and tell them you have this issue, their new answerdesk thing is actually pretty good (i had to call last week). Try to activate it over the phone and give them your key.

P.S. I don't CCleaner, I tried it once and it did something and my windows files got corrupted. I couldn't install updates and the recovery disk wouldn't work. I had to just do a clean install.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

Exact same thing happened to me. Bought through windows market place and lost activation after a year. No method of activating worked. I called MS and activated windows while on the phone with them no problem. Ok, one problem, it takes forever from the time you dial to the time you hang up can be over an hour. They will only activate the copy for that one instal requiring you to call and wait each time you want a fresh copy. I found it much easier to just get you 5 months of use ( using the rearm command) and reinstall the os again when the time runs out. Even with running non Genuine you get most functions of the os, cant use a pic for desktop and u will need to manual click the search for windows updates. Nothing else i saw was different to a genuine copy. 2 years like this before getting win8.