keyboard/mouse/headset setup. Razer, good/bad?

So i'm looking at getting a new mouse, keyboard and headset. I currently have the Logitech G19 keyboard, I have no issues with this just felt like an upgrade. I have the Razer Naga (2014) hex mouse which I actually love but for some reason doesn't always connect on boot-up and I've got to unplug it and plug it back in which gets rather annoying (that's why i want to replace it). I'm currently using the play station wireless headset for when i do need one (which isn't all that often as most of me mates don't game -.-). 

I've been looking at getting all Razer gear (i'm a sucker for having everything the same brand if possible). Black widow ultimate keyboard, Razer Naga 2014 and the Kraken 7.1 usb gaming headset. The only thing i'm worried about is i keep hearing bad things about Razer and as mentioned earlier, im already having problems myself after owning for a but over a year.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions? Yes obviously ive heard a lot about and looked into the Logitech g600 mouse. Looks great to be honest but im being a total pain and I want my colour scheme to be green. This seems to be proving very difficult outside of razer. Also I would like to have the macro keys on the side (preferably at least 6).

Won't be doing this for a while yet (money -.-) but just wanted to get some opinions :)

Also if anyone can help me with that mouse connecting issue that would be great haha ^.^

I would certainly replace the Naga I had it myself and the cable didnt work properly after less than a year of usage. As a replacement I'd say get a Logitech or any mouse that is fairly good quality (based on reviews) and has good dpi based on your prefference.

PS: I myself am looking for a new mouse and have found the best Quality with Logitech, and most logitech mouses come with a model that has customizeable LEDs (I believe ´that alos goes for the g600.

oh you're right on that! thanks! Feel a bit silly for not noticing that. I've been recommended the g600 by a few people and seen a lot of positive things about it. 

yeah, another great choice and also a little cheaper (on sale) and better, but in red as a main color would be the Redragon M901 on Amazon. Its usually 100$ but now its on sale for 34 and its far better than the g600, but it does have a color scheme of red and black.

As far as a good headset, don't buy a headset.

This may seem odd at first, but all headsets out there either have terrible audio quality or terrible mic quality, most of the time both. A good pair of headphones such as the Sennheiser HD 598s (http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-598-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B0042A8CW2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439528572&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+598) are great for gaming because of their open back design, however open-back headphones do let a lot of sound bleed out and a lot of outside sound get in. If you prefer closed-back you could get something like the  Audio Technica M50Xs (http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50x-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B00HVLUR86/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439528715&sr=8-1&keywords=audio+technica) which are also great for all-round use like listening to music and such.

As far as a microphone, if you want to go all-out you could get something like the Audio Technica AT2020 Plus (http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-AT2020USB-PLUS-Condenser-Microphone/dp/B00B5ZX9FM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439528832&sr=8-1&keywords=audio+technica+AT2020+plus) or if you want more bang for your buck and something much cheaper then I would go for the  Audio Technica ATR2500 (http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATR2500-USB-Cardioid-Condenser-Microphone/dp/B004QJREXM/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1439528886&sr=8-5&keywords=audio+technica+AT) which is much more budget friendly. If you really like having your microphone attached to your headphones you could get something like a  Modmic (http://www.modmic.com/).

If you still really want an AIO headset, the best one out there currently is the HyperX Cloud II (http://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Cloud-Gaming-Headset-PS4/dp/B00SAYCXWG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1439529027&sr=8-2&keywords=hyper+X+cloud). However, if you do buy a headset (or any audio-related-things in general)  NEVER get anything that has virtual surround. It's basically a gimmick that gives you no advantage in games whatsoever, there still are and always will be only two drivers in your headset.

As far as keyboards go, something that is great about mechanical keyboards in general is the fact that you can buy pretty much any keyboard and go and buy pretty much an infinite amount of keycaps to fit your needs. Weather that be green, blue, or rainbow. So, find a keyboard that is reliable, has backlighting if you want it, and a layout that you like and go to massdrop and go absolutely crazy buying as many keycaps as you could ever want.

And as far as a mouse that I recommend, I always recommend the G303 by Logitech (http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Daedalus-Performance-Gaming-910-004380/dp/B00TKFD51M/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1439529353&sr=1-1&keywords=G303) it has a great sensor that is great for FPS and the competitive scene, and as with everything Logitech, everything about the mouse is controllable in the software. (so, yes,you can make it green)

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

Actually the sennheiser game 1 or 0 are the way to go 1 is basically a better version of the HD and the game 0 are the same just with noise canceling and both have an excellent mic.

personally id rather a headset for the ease. i dont need more stuff on my desk or more cables. Its just what works for me. I dont have a lot of space on my desk for a proper mic setup and i dont want to deal with two cables running from my headset. It would just annoy me. Im not overly worried about the quality of the mic (as long as its half decent) as, like i said, i dont use it too often. 

I'll definitely keep suggestions in mind Exploded117. I like the mouse but I also want the macro keys on the side as its just what i'm used to now and i love having them.

BeanM4chine, I will definitely check them out, they certainly look like a nice headset from a quick google haha. 

-SNIP-

Holy shit, someone actually knows their audio stuff :D

Currently roaming the forums in boredom

I like mice and keyboards and the sort

Formerly TheFlurryGames

Holy shit, someone actually knows their audio stuff :D

Yet I don't have enough money to buy any of the products listed above :P

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

Yet I don't have enough money to buy any of the products listed above :P

Doesn't matter xD

Currently roaming the forums in boredom

I like mice and keyboards and the sort

Formerly TheFlurryGames

At first I was also thinking about getting the Razor naga epic but after looking at more reviews on razor product (specifically there mice) they seem to have reliability and durability issues. I personally am thinking about getting the Corsair m95 so maybe try looking it up and see what you think.

At first I was also thinking about getting the Razor naga epic but after looking at more reviews on razor product (specifically there mice) they seem to have reliability and durability issues. I personally am thinking about getting the Corsair m95 so maybe try looking it up and see what you think.

yeah been thinking about that one too. Been going back and forth between the g600 and the m95. they both seem like really good products. Leaning more towards the g600 for the key placement to be honest. Heard some reviews saying that the some of the buttons of the m95 can be a bit of a pain to use easily.

yeah been thinking about that one too. Been going back and forth between the g600 and the m95. they both seem like really good products. Leaning more towards the g600 for the key placement to be honest. Heard some reviews saying that the some of the buttons of the m95 can be a bit of a pain to use easily.

Oh I just found out about the Roccat Nyth but I think you can only get it on Amazon since Roccat is only shipping them to Germany and Australia right now. It's pretty nice because you can change how many buttons you want and it has a shift key so it kinda doubles the functionality of all the buttons ;). I think I might wait till November to get the white version.

Oh I just found out about the Roccat Nyth but I think you can only get it on Amazon since Roccat is only shipping them to Germany and Australia right now. It's pretty nice because you can change how many buttons you want and it has a shift key so it kinda doubles the functionality of all the buttons ;). I think I might wait till November to get the white version.

Austria not Australia :( (i live in Australia lol, you got my hopes up :P)

that is a really nice mouse though! Might look into when its released here :) thanks for mentioning it! haha

ok maybe not... found somewhere that i can pre-order it... not cheap hahah makes sense though.

ok maybe not... found somewhere that i can pre-order it... not cheap hahah makes sense though.

Sorry about that I was going off based on my memory :P. Where did you find it for pre-order it because i found it on Amazon for $120.

Keyboard - some dedicated company like Das Keyboard, WASD, Vortex or even CM Storm, but don't give crazy money for just light effects!

Mouse - Razer will be my choice. Razer Deathadder is great. Also Zowie are good aswell!
Headphones - Modmic + some decent headphones. I got ATH-M50x myself and they are great. They aren't that cheap, but are great. Go for Sony, Audio-Technica, Sennheiser, AKG, Philips, but not "gaming pro 1337 headphones wtf insane sound" shit. ;)

Or you can go with keyboard + mouse Razer (if you want to look awesome) and headphones. But never buy gaming headset.

"I am like ninja, but less gay" - Deadpool