Setting up my PC as a hotspot for other devices.

Ddm5

I've currently put the Wifi module back onto my Maximus V Formula motherboard and would like to find a way of enabling the wifi and setting it up as a hotspot so that devices upstairs can access the internet through my computer. Do you guys have any idea of how I would go about doing this effectively? 

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

I've currently put the Wifi module back onto my Maximus V Formula motherboard and would like to find a way of enabling the wifi and setting it up as a hotspot so that devices upstairs can access the internet through my computer. Do you guys have any idea of how I would go about doing this effectively? 

With GUI

https://virtualrouter.codeplex.com/

without GUI

http://www.wikihow.com/Create-a-WiFi-Hotspot-Using-the-Command-Prompt

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/networking/create_a%20virtual_wireless_router_with_windows.htm

http://www.factsnfakes.in/how-to-create-wi-fi-hotspot-using-command-line-in-window/

I think ASUS might have something within their software suite where you can do this, but Virtualrouter is a pretty good option as well (I've used it before and it works).

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

I think ASUS might have something within their software suite where you can do this, but Virtualrouter is a pretty good option as well (I've used it before and it works).

/\. I use it as a range extender. when im in the backyard. 

Router  ---- magic wifi ----- PC ---- extended magic wifi--------  

/\. I use it as a range extender. when im in the backyard. 

Router  ---- magic wifi ----- PC ---- extended magic wifi--------  

Are either of these solutions permanent?, my computer seemed to drop the hotspot either when I locked it or whatever I did, I can't quite remember.

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

Are either of these solutions permanent?, my computer seemed to drop the hotspot either when I locked it or whatever I did, I can't quite remember.

mine works when locked. 

mine works when locked. 

I went through the processes of doing it through the command prompt. It works and it works great. But it did drop itself completely at one point and I had to re-enable it through the command prompt.

I went through the processes of doing it through the command prompt. It works and it works great. But it did drop itself completely at one point and I had to re-enable it through the command prompt.

what abou tthe GUI one?

what abou tthe GUI one?

I tried that too but it wasn't great in terms of usage. It had to be left minimized and closing the window would close it out completely. 

You were right. In the updated version of AI Suite 2 there is a thing called Wifi Engine. Which I'm going to try and use.