RAM Upgrade Options

Hey all,

I've been out of touch with [spec'ing] PC hardware for a while and I'm looking to upgrade my own machine some time soon.

Apart from Windows 10 and the 256GB Crucial M4 I've had lying around for long enough.. I'd also like to upgrade from 8GB's to 16 or 32GB's of RAM.

At the moment, I have an Asus P8Z68-V LE (LGA1155) board, and I'm using 2x 4GB Mushkin Silverline sticks, of a possible 4 slots.

(Full spec's are on my profile btw)

What is my best option for speedy reliable RAM that will mainly be used in a developer setup, but with (very) occasional gaming?

I'll also be running 1 or 2 Windows VMs under Hyper-V fairly frequently, so some elbow-room would be ideal.

Thanks!

Without the vm's i would say that 16 GB is plenty, but running 2 of them simultaneously, bumping it up to 32gb wouldn't hurt. As far as speed and all that jazz, its all the same. Get quality RAM from a quality brand (corsaid, kingston, gskill, etc.) and youll be golden.

When in doubt, re-format.

This might be changing the topic on my own thread, however - I currently use 2x 1TB disks in mirrored software RAID.

Ideally I want to be using hardware RAID going forward. I've had a look about and I can't tell if my motherboard actually supports onboard RAID or not.

Anyone have any experience with these boards and know if RAID is supported?