GPU Giving No Signal To Monitor After PC POST While Starting To Enter Windows.

I moved my PC to do some cleaning. I took the GPU out for some dusting, dusted the CPU cooler. I cleaned the dust filters and more or less made some difference. When I went to boot my PC it would POST, then flash entering Windows, then immediately lose signal to monitor. It happens over HDMI and DVI. When speakers are plugged in you can hear that the PC is making it to desktop. The fans on the GPU are humming with both 6-Pin power connectors attached, reset the GPU in the PCI-Express slot, nothing changed. If I hit delete to enter the UEFI BIOS during the POST screen, the BIOS screen flashes, then goes black from no signal.

After physically removing the GPU from the PCI-E slot and running the monitor through the motherboard I/O off Intel HD graphics I didn't lose signal, everything was working. I even updated the Intel HD 3000 drivers while I was there.

I don't have another GPU to test out. I've been looking forward to an upgrade for around a year, I've had the 6870 for nearly 3 1/2 years since March 2012; originally was released Q4 2010. My GPU had been making some annoying coil whine vibration noise the last few months commonly whether I was gaming or just at idle from having the PC on for 4-5 hours. The temps weren't what they used to be with idle temps now being around 45-50°C and while gaming it got close to 90°C on load. The GPU may have been on it's last legs. Maybe when I took it out to dust it I broken it. IDK.

While using the Intel graphics to work on the PC, I went ahead and uninstalled all AMD drivers I could through the control panel. When I try to install the latest AMD drivers with catalyst 15.7.1 it won't let me. I believe I can't install any AMD video drivers because the GPU has been removed from the PCI-Express slot. The predicament is that while my AMD GPU is connected to the PC there's no signal and if I work in Windows under Intel HD I can't add any new AMD drivers. 

Is my GPU broken, is this a driver issue that's losing the signal? I have an idea to enter the BIOS and set the motherboard I/O to have priority over PCI-Express, shutdown, reinstall the AMD GPU, then reinstall all the AMD drivers from there because the hardware would be recognized by the CCC driver package.

Got any ideas? The GPU fans spin, the PC makes it past POST, then flashes a picture momentarily before losing signal.