Performance gain from i7 2600 to 6700K for streaming

My current processor is the i7 2600 (non K) and i was wondering if i should upgrade to the new i7 6700K, i stream Battlefield 4 at 720p 60fps and currently i can't get over 80-100FPS on public servers which makes it substantially worse compared to not streaming since i get 150+ fps.

My question is, would this processor upgrade help to stream heavy games like BF4 with a decent overclock? or should i just wait for the next generation. My computer specs are down below.

GA-Z77X-UD3H
I7 2600 3,4Mhz
WaterCooler H90
EVGA 780 SC ACX
Corsair Vengeance 16GB

Yes, if you overclock you will notice a big difference. However as some users pointed out at current 6700k prices you can get 5820k which would be a lot better.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

stream using ur cuda cores and u shouldnt have fps loss at all

cuda streaming isnt always a good solution. i did some testing on that.

probably should do more testing, and actually document it this time.

cuda streaming isnt always a good solution. i did some testing on that.

probably should do more testing, and actually document it this time.

depends on the gpu really, if u got a gpu with just a few cuda cores it aint going to work proper no :P but the 780 is more then capable of dealing with cuda core streaming only without loss of fps

(◑‿◐)

Per clock, a 6700k is about 25% faster, but it also has the extra frequency to add to that.

The i7 5820k is a good option also.

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

My current processor is the i7 2600 (non K) and i was wondering if i should upgrade to the new i7 6700K, i stream Battlefield 4 at 720p 60fps and currently i can't get over 80-100FPS on public servers which makes it substantially worse compared to not streaming since i get 150+ fps.

My question is, would this processor upgrade help to stream heavy games like BF4 with a decent overclock? or should i just wait for the next generation. My computer specs are down below.

If you are streaming a lot, so would I get an i7-5820K, as the extra 2 cores gives you more cpu power to handle gaming and streaming at the same time.

Watch this video

Basically it comes down to resolution. When GPU is the bottleneck, having the newer CPU makes more impact. If the GPU isn't the bottleneck (i.e. 1440p res upwards), then it makes less of a difference.

You have somewhat of a special use case since you're also recording so you will have to investigate how that affects performance. 

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Hey guys im going to chime in on this post for a slightly related question.

I got a dying 2600k, Clock_watchdog crashes, random lock ups sitting on a Z77 Extreme4-m 

I'm either going a 4790k or 6700k.

But I have 4x4gb DDR3 1866 Curcial Ballistix Tracers that I desperately want to keep.

Now where I am, I'm stuck with availability on 97 boards, All I can get is H97m-g43

But there is a Z170 board from Asus coming no doubt, Z170M-E D3 With DDR3 Support.

What do you think would be the faster setup at 1080p for now?

I want to get the Acer ​XR341CK down the track 3440x 1440.

Also I want to see tests of DDR3 Vs DDR4 on skylake, the closer timings might be making a difference.

I want a casual meeting with an Elephant, Orangutan, Crow and a Bottlenose Dolphin.