Yamaha HS5 Help

remington3

Hello, 

I want to purchase a pair of Yamaha HS5s, and I'm not sure how to actually connect them to my computer. I am completely new to this and I underdstand that you need an audio interface, like a Scarlett 2i2 but I want to start out with the monitors connected directly to my computer. Eventually I will purchase an interface. So, what cables do I need to connect the monitors to a basic audio jack on my computer? Explaining it in very simple terms would be a huge help.

Thanks!

Hello,

Thanks!

get regular RCA connectors and via Y-adapter to 3.5mm jack ( would be simplest imo) / or if you got a sound card that already has rca input, then just typical RCA cables.

edit: ugh sorry, this model doesn't have rca input.. well then TS to 3.5mm (it must be asymmetric (very important)) .Also id suggest going with bigger monitors if you need good bass response and don't want to add a sub.

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

get regular RCA connectors and via Y-adapter to 3.5mm jack ( would be simplest imo) / or if you got a sound card that already has rca input, then just typical RCA cables.

RCA?

RCA?

cinch, whatever..

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

Let's clarify.

You need a Y-adapter: single 3.5mm TRS (3-pole) to dual 6.5mm TS (2-pole). The 6.5mm plugs go in each speaker, the 3.5mm into your computer.

Let's clarify.

You need a Y-adapter: single 3.5mm TRS (3-pole) to dual 6.5mm TS (2-pole). The 6.5mm plugs go in each speaker, the 3.5mm into your computer.

edit: ugh sorry, this model doesn't have rca input.. well then TS to 3.5mm (it must be asymmetric (very important)) .Also id suggest going with bigger monitors if you need good bass response and don't want to add a sub.

Thanks guys! One like this?

http://www.amazon.com/Hosa-HMP-003Y-3-Feet-3-5mm-4-Inch/dp/B009RUCWT6/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1439347666&sr=1-6&keywords=TS+to+3.5mm