Battery 0% Plugged in, Not Charging - Laptop ASUS-X550DP

2mhx2yr.png

Was all fine this morning but after some googling, I discovered that the Wear Level is 61.77% and I think I should be worried.

Can this still be fixed? At least make the battery last a few minutes?

Can someone enlighten me about batteries? This is a Li-Ion battery btw. Any info is appreciated, thanks :)

| CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | MoBo: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | RAM: T-Force Delta RGB (2x8) 16GB 3200MHz (Black) | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti OC | Case: NZXT H500 (Black) | HDD: WD Black 2TB + Seagate Barracuda 4TB | SSD: Crucial MX500 2TB | PSU: Seasonic GX-550 | Monitor: 3x Asus VC239H |

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

all info right there

this is why it is better to always fully drain a battery ( or atleast close to fully draining it ) and then fully charging it in 1x   instead of charging it everytime it hits 40-50%

some users who had degraded batteries have improved their battery by fully discharging it and then fully recharging it again

also each battery is different, one battery might recharge 2000times while another battery can do more then 5000... its just like chips... need abit of luck to get a supergood one or bad luck to get a bad one

(◑‿◐)

turn off the laptop and get the battery out and put it back in then try it. "that is if u meant it was working fine in the morning"

turn off the laptop and get the battery out and put it back in then try it. "that is if u meant it was working fine in the morning"

I have to pry open the laptop before I can remove the battery and I'm afraid to open this laptop. Among the X550DP models, this one has an internal battery :/

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

all info right there

this is why it is better to always fully drain a battery ( or atleast close to fully draining it ) and then fully charging it in 1x   instead of charging it everytime it hits 40-50%

some users who had degraded batteries have improved their battery by fully discharging it and then fully recharging it again

also each battery is different, one battery might recharge 2000times while another battery can do more then 5000... its just like chips... need abit of luck to get a supergood one or bad luck to get a bad one

Thanks for the link and info, will read more thoroughly. I guess I got a bad one. I just had this laptop around January-February 2015.

| CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | MoBo: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | RAM: T-Force Delta RGB (2x8) 16GB 3200MHz (Black) | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti OC | Case: NZXT H500 (Black) | HDD: WD Black 2TB + Seagate Barracuda 4TB | SSD: Crucial MX500 2TB | PSU: Seasonic GX-550 | Monitor: 3x Asus VC239H |

all info right there

As far as I know always absolutrley completely draining damages the batteries significantly because depth discharge starts then.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

I have to pry open the laptop before I can remove the battery and I'm afraid to open this laptop. Among the X550DP models, this one has an internal battery :/

Thanks for the link and info, will read more thoroughly. I guess I got a bad one. I just had this laptop around January-February 2015.

ooo if its that short just claim warranty they should provide u a new battery ( or even a new laptop )

(◑‿◐)

As far as I know always absolutrley completely draining damages the batteries significantly because depth discharge starts then.

u cant absolutely completely drain a battery without a discharging tool :P  even if it will reach 0% on a laptop there will still be charge inside btw

(◑‿◐)

u cant absolutely completely drain a battery without a discharging tool :P  even if it will reach 0% on a laptop there will still be charge inside btw

I never said it is not possible. it said it is "unhealthy"

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

just get a new one by using your warranty, its the easy solution

ooo if its that short just claim warranty they should provide u a new battery ( or even a new laptop )

I'd also try that. But batteries are usually of warranty a lot earlier so he shoudl do it quick (remember something like a half a year but this is a total guess)

3.Use

I never said it is not possible. it said it is "unhealthy"

its unhealthy to keep ur battery plugged in the wall 24/7 while fully stressing the laptop

discharging a battery good and then charging ... is better for the battery then charging it when its 40-50% or 70% all the time :P or even 90

(◑‿◐)

Apparently, my warranty has expired so that's bad news D:

Btw, what are the possible settings that might be cause my current issue.

My laptop suddenly hibernates when in idle. I just run my CoC bot hoping it won't hibernate but it would still hibernate D: Doesn't happen when I use the laptop though. This only happened after I had this battery issue.

Is it because of the critical and low battery level percentage in the advanced settings? I have 10% values on both and my battery currently shows 0% so maybe, just maybe, that's the reason. How do I override this?

P.S. The battery LED of the lappy turns orange to green for a few seconds every few minutes. I wonder what this indicates?

My laptop suddenly hibernates when in idle. I just run my CoC bot hoping it won't hibernate but it would still hibernate D: Doesn't happen when I use the laptop though. This only happened after I had this battery issue.

Is it because of the critical and low battery level percentage in the advanced settings? I have 10% values on both and my battery currently shows 0% so maybe, just maybe, that's the reason. How do I override this?

P.S. The battery LED of the lappy turns orange to green for a few seconds every few minutes. I wonder what this indicates?

Check all of your energy savings settings. Might be the problem. I don't have any explanation for the LED. What does the manual say about what the colours are supposed to indicate.

3.Use

its unhealthy to keep ur battery plugged in the wall 24/7 while fully stressing the laptop

discharging a battery good and then charging ... is better for the battery then charging it when its 40-50% or 70% all the time :P or even 90

Ok that's basically what I and you before both meant so... Yup.

3.Use

all info right there

Sorry, but this is just wrong.

You should attempt to keep your battery level between 40 and 80% if possible.

Only a full charge and discharge once a month or so.

That's what the article you quoted said:

A partial discharge reduces stress and prolongs battery life.

how can ur warranty be expired when uve only had it from January-February 2015.

what kind of ripoff reseller did u buy it off... what kind of sorcery do they use? seriously... if they wouldnt give me warranty on it id sue them ( we got a law for atleast 2-3years warranty on electronics in my country )   i call that they dont give warranty a scam/ripoff or bullshit cuz they should give warranty

(◑‿◐)

Check all of your energy savings settings. Might be the problem. I don't have any explanation for the LED. What does the manual say about what the colours are supposed to indicate.

Settings are all fine. Manual says:

15zjdzr.jpg

The heck with that, what I have is like: 2 seconds of orange -> 1 second of green -> LED Off every few minutes.

how can ur warranty be expired when uve only had it from January-February 2015.

what kind of ripoff reseller did u buy it off... what kind of sorcery do they use? seriously... if they wouldnt give me warranty on it id sue them ( we got a law for atleast 2-3years warranty on electronics in my country )   i call that they dont give warranty a scam/ripoff or bullshit cuz they should give warranty

Philippines and the majority of its poor customer service especially on tech, at least with what I've experienced so far.

6 months warranty bought on the 1st week. I guess this is it D: On top of that, this laptop was brought on a different island so getting it serviced would be another problem + the charges, ugh I cannot D: